cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fridge

cleojayco
Explorer
Explorer
just starting our trip south plugged in the trailer and can't get the fridge to start in gas or electric any suggestions
7 REPLIES 7

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You are in Michigan. I know the temperatures there are colder than Indiana and we've been in the upper 20's low 30's for a few days now.

I imagine you camper has not been heated, and it's cold inside. If that is the case, then the inside of your refrigerator is probably somewhere around the same temperature as it is outside, maybe slightly warmer. So if the outside temperature is.... say 25 degrees, the inside of the camper is probably 35 degrees and the inside of your refrigerator is probably 35 degrees.

The refrigerator won't fire on because it thinks it's already cold. Warm the camper up, get the temperature around the refrigerator warmed up, or better, open the door of the refrigerator and heat the inside of your camper. Once the inside temperature of the refrigerator warms up, above the "turn on spot", it will then fire up.

You might be able to take a hair dryer and simply blow it inside the refrigerator to warm up the temperature sensor. I bet it will fire up then. Once it fires up, it will continue running. You'll need to keep the inside of the camper warmer too.

dtzackus
Explorer
Explorer
Is your ground fault activated?
Dan, Tammy, Cory, Leah and Adam
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2018 Highland Ridge Open Range OF374BHS
GM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

cleojayco
Explorer
Explorer
the fridge is a dometic the trailer is plugged in there is propane to the stove and furnace the battery is fully charged when pushing the start button the check light flashes quickly but fridge does not start in gas or auto the auto light stays on when I go to gas no light

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Need to know what kind of frig it is to help you. 12v is needed before anything else will work.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Need 12V DC to fridge in order for electric or propane to function.

That is IF it is the typical RV absorption fridge.

DC Dist Center......check fuse for fridge is good...test that you have 12V DC power on both sides of fuse.

Then is it a matter of checking DC voltage at fridge Outside compartment

If Norcold Fridge and it has a recall box and the RED light is on......DC has tripped.

That's about all the generic info..........want more then provide Brand/Model of fridge (Norcold/Dometic/Atwood..........100's of models)
AND post what it is doing and what is isn't doing.

Otherwise.......ICE lots of it OR Dry Ice but use towels
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Need more information. What model, are any lights coming on, is the battery charged, how long has it been on, etc.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Ice in zip lock bags or dry ice until you can get it repaired or looked at.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln