cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Motorhome to Travel Trailer

JL7456
Explorer
Explorer
After four motorhomes beginning in 1979 to the present we are considering switching gears and going to a travel trailer. We are in our mid 70's and are checking out the pros and cons of making the change.

We have been looking off and on for the last two years and at first we thought of a destination trailer or park model which would go to a permanent campsite in our favorite campground. Now we are thinking of going to a new or slightly used travel trailer and move around from campground and also take short trips.

The first thing we need of course is a truck to pull it. I know we should buy the trailer first and then buy the truck required to pull it.
We need advice from the seasoned TT owners on brands and other things to consider and look for before we buy the wrong unit. We like a rear bedroom if possible, a larger shower and a bedroom that you can walk around the bed and a kitchen with storage. Length: 28-32ft, budget $25 to $32K. We have looked at Shasta Revere, Laredo, Rockwood, Wildwood, Puma and Springdale. This would be a couples trailer. Thanks for any help or advice.
17 REPLIES 17

nunuc2000
Explorer
Explorer
JL7456 wrote:
After four motorhomes beginning in 1979 to the present we are considering switching gears and going to a travel trailer. We are in our mid 70's and are checking out the pros and cons of making the change.

We have been looking off and on for the last two years and at first we thought of a destination trailer or park model which would go to a permanent campsite in our favorite campground. Now we are thinking of going to a new or slightly used travel trailer and move around from campground and also take short trips.

The first thing we need of course is a truck to pull it. I know we should buy the trailer first and then buy the truck required to pull it.
We need advice from the seasoned TT owners on brands and other things to consider and look for before we buy the wrong unit. We like a rear bedroom if possible, a larger shower and a bedroom that you can walk around the bed and a kitchen with storage. Length: 28-32ft, budget $25 to $32K. We have looked at Shasta Revere, Laredo, Rockwood, Wildwood, Puma and Springdale. This would be a couples trailer. Thanks for any help or advice.

Sounds like you're looking for our unit!! We have a Keystone Sprinter 300KBS - read bedroom with island king bed, loads of storage, bigger bathroom area with separate toilet room, very large front kitchen with VERY generous storage and counter space - we absolutely love our unit!!

Wish I could figure out how to post a link or pics, but if you do a quick search for keystone sprinter 300kbs I'm sure you'll find lots of pics and the floor plan. 🙂

Celine

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Big. Look at the Winnebago Minnie TT line. Not sure the Minnie Plus or Minnie Micro fit your posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at Winnebago, Holiday Rambler and Jayco too.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.