cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going out with just me, my dog, my TC, n my Hawg.... pics

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Now, don't be hatin' on my Hawg. I just got a hitch-bike hauler so I don't need to trailer it. Going to do a short road trip to the Packwood Flea Market here in Western WA this weekend (hit me up if you're going) and thought I'd bring my Hawg.

Now, if you haven't been to the Packwood Flea Market, it's a hoot. The whole town turns into one big garage sale. There's everything, the tool vendors, food trucks, arts, crafts, grandma cleaning out her attic and havin a garage sale... everything. They have it Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, I try to go once every year.

Pics of my new Hawg hauler--

So - I can open the rear slide about half way. Also, ground clearance doesn't look quite right in the pic due to the rise in my driveway, but there's almost a foot on level ground.

Ya... it's a Yamaha Zuma... a 50cc. You gotta be careful with that kind of power so it don't get out from under ya...

I put the yellow straps on just for stability/wiggle/slop, and a great pic of my trusty Torklift Super Truss...

Better pic of actual clearance, parked in my TC-port.

My co-pilot
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
17 REPLIES 17

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
I'm picturing you riding around the campground with the dog in the basket wearing goggles and a plastic mohawk glued to your helmet.....I think I need more coffee

Sounds about right! :B
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like from your pictures if you removed the mirrors and mile crate from your scooter your slide would clear the scooter
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot of extension on the bike rack. I've hauled my scooter on the back of my pick-up on one, and I can tell you they do move around. First, I would not tie-down on the handle bars. On most Chinese scooters, or any scooter of that size, the handle bars are held-on with one bolt, which works loose when you put too much strain on it. (Ask me how I know this) I would anchor the scooter to the top of the front shock mounts, and/or at least wrap the tie-down around the steering column below the handle bars. I use 3-4 straps on each side and they still loosen-up, so I would be sure to check them pretty often. I'd anchor to the shock mounts on the rear also, assuming you have two rear shocks, which some don't.

Good luck, good travels, and nice scoot.

Oh, and I'd get a longer loading ramp if you can. Your center stand will likely catch on the ramp when you try to load and unload, and can be a real pain, and you might damage your scoot. If I use mine again, I'd get one as long as the rack itself. Mine caught on the rack and I ended-up dropping the scoot.

PRodacy
Explorer
Explorer
fpoole wrote:
Nice, I was wondering just how those racks carry and how much weight they can hold.

I have a Rokon on the wish list and wasn't sure just how to carry it other than in the buggy trailer.

Rokon Trail bike

I've heard of the Market, peeps used to go there when we had our tear drop annual meeting over at Mossyrock Park...

fun...

I had a Rokon for several years. Awesome machine. You'll really enjoy it. I'm very sorry I sold mine.
2012 GMC 3500 dually 4x4
2006 OKanagan 90W
2003 Jeep Rubicon, modified for off road performance

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice ride. We've thought about carrying a small bike with us or maybe one on front and one on rear.

I wish I could haul either my and wife's hawgs on a hitch mount. I'd be right on it. I think I'm looking for a trailer to do that. Even the wife's Sportster is too heavy for anything other than the special built ones and those are for only one bike.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Bedlam
I use a cargo basket to haul around a Honda Passport C70B. I use a wobble stopper on the SuperTruss but sill run straps between the basket corners and TC rear jack mounts for additional stability.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB - usually the only issue we get into with stuff hung off the back end is if they obscure the license plate or taillights. That doesn't look like a problem with Boatycall's rig. For belts and suspenders, it certainly doesn't hurt to get tow lights to plug into your 7-way/4-way and put on the extension setup.
Currently Between RVs

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Just don't forget about it and extend the rear slide...

I can get the rear slide about halfway out, which is more than enough to then open the side-slide and then get in. I had to turn the mirror on the bike.
Basically, I gotta get where I'm going, unload the bike, then set up camp.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious if there is any problems with the LEOs or State Safety Inspections... It looks like a very great install but does extend back a few feet... Probably a big eye catcher with all the safety straps and cables and things holding it all up...

I too love to get out some with just me for a quick over the weekend setup on a creek bed somewhere close-by here in my OFF-ROAD setup. My excuse is to test out something new I have just recently added for my off-road POPUP operations... I have a favorite somewhat local spot up on the Virginia-West Virgina wooded State border line behind Harrisonburg VA near a spot called FLAGPOLE KNOB... My favorite getaway place which has both Creek side setups as well as top of the mountain views all back off the Forest Road trails...

Another really close-by place to us is the Westmoreland State Park just 25 miles away which also has some private areas you can setup in as well...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your hawg! I have a classic Honda Big Ruckus myself. I took the cycle course at the local Harley dealer a few years ago so I'm licensed to drive anything but I didn't want to end up with a 500# MC that I couldn't lift off of me if I dropped it. I was looking at the old Cushman Eagles to look like a hobbyist and avoid the whole "mine's bigger than yours" thing. Everyone wanted way too much for them and I was lucky to stumble across the Big Ruckus' that were only imported into the US in '05 and '06. You can generally find one in the $3k range with virtually no mileage on them. There's a great support community for them out there too.
Currently Between RVs

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm picturing you riding around the campground with the dog in the basket wearing goggles and a plastic mohawk glued to your helmet.....I think I need more coffee
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just don't forget about it and extend the rear slide...

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. Does it get any better than that?
Does your co-pilot ride in the basket on the hawg?
Enjoy your travels and the flea market

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I got tripped up when you said hawg instead hog. Expecting a hog. Anyway, enjoy your travels.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE