cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goobye to our lil' camper

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
After almost a year suffering from Spondylosis,our little 14 year old Chow suffer a possible stroke while being boarded with our vet last Saturday while we were on vacation with friends. The My vet called me and told me about it and what they did to treat her and he said she seemed to have pulled through it in good shape. Wednesday when we picked her up she was very lively and glad to be going home. But when she got into the back yard she collapsed and never never fully recovered from what was possibly a second stroke.
By Friday she hadn't eaten in 3 days and we were picking her up and taking her out side, she was in so much pain it hurt our hearts.
this past Saturday we said our goodbyes. We are truely going to miss our little camper.

John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
14 REPLIES 14

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear of your loss

Townie
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss.
Townie
Enjoying the Glamping life with my awesome girlfriend, MJ the ShizTzu, and Sophie the Westie
2020 Keystone Retreat 39LOFT
Previous Campers:
2016 Keystone Retreat 39LOFT
2008 Flagstaff 831BHSS
2006 Jayco JayFeather 27P
2005 Flagstaff 228D popup

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Truly sorry guys to hear the sad news. OTOH, that little fellow is wagging his tail and waiting for your faces on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. They say dogs don't understand time and if that's true, it will be the shake of a dog's tail before everyone is reunited.

We miss our fur kids too. They bring so much happiness and remind us of our connection to nature.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
My very heartfelt condolences on your loss.

I have had to do the same a couple of times and I still feel the pain in times like now.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry to hear that. I know it is hard, we lost both our little campers this year, one a month after the other. It will be the first time I won't look forward to camping. It seems everything was about them while camping.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear about your fur kid. It truly is the greatest act of kindness one can give to a ailing pet.

If you never heard of it, look up the poem "rainbow bridge". I've got a pic of all of our past pets around this poem.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to let them go, but we have to show that last act of love and let them go so they don't suffer.

Rest in peace little dog.

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
She will live forever in your hearts.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss. We put our 10 year old boxer down last week. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They're in a better place now, free of pain.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Always a very tough time to lose a four legged family member!

Sorry for your loss !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

NMcamper55
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry, I'm sure she had a great life.
2012 Bullet 246RBS
2007 Nissan Titan

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear. We recently had to say goodbye to our 12 year old Lab Bella. So hard to let them go.

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear but she will always be camping with you in spirit where ever you are.
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....