Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodyear Endurance

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
Well,
I borrowed a tilt/flatbed trailer to haul a car from California to Nashville Tennessee and bring one back. Prior to leaving I did quite a bit of "road ready-ing" on the trailer. I thought about replacing all tires as they were Chinese Load Range E tires that were about 3-4 years old. Against my better judgement I aired them all up to 75psig, put two spares in the pickup and took off with the Yukon on the rig. Changed the first on 120 miles down the road. The tire place said the other three were in good shape and did not recommend changing them. By Kingman AZ the second one shredded. Swap a spare on to it. An hour later the third one shredded. In Flagstaff I put 4 new 225/75R-15 Goodyear Endurance tires on @ 80psig in each. Smooth sailing the all the way to Nashville and all the way home. I suppose if I took off with two spare tires expecting the worst.............I should have known I needed to replace the tires! I will be replacing the Goodyear Marathons on my CreekSide with these Endurance Tires
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
28 REPLIES 28

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
The new designed Carlisle tires do not have a bad record.
The older style of Carlisle's were known to be pretty unreliable, but not the new ones.

Huntindog wrote:
Bears Den wrote:
I just put 4 new tires on my tow vehicle this past Saturday. While I was at the tire dealer we started talking about TT tires. I told him I wanted to change out my existing TT tires with Carlisleโ€™s. He started to tell me about the Endurance tires and what a good tire they were but like others, since they are so new and have no history yet, Iโ€™m somewhat hesitant to get a set.
Well the Carlise have a bad record... So do want the devil you know, or the devil that might turn out alright?

I get it. Many new ST tires have been introduced to great fanfare. TT owners rushed out to buy them... A few years later, many of them are not happy, and rushing for the next new tire in hopes it will really be the answer.

Maybe these new Goodyears will pass the test of time. Maybe not.

I will just point out that all of these new tires are made by the same companies that told us how great their last tires were.

You could get out of the ST tire shell game and go to LTs. It is what I did in 2006. I am never going back to STs.

Depending your TT specifics the swap may be easy, or difficult. But IMO, it is worth it no matter what it takes.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
I just put 4 new tires on my tow vehicle this past Saturday. While I was at the tire dealer we started talking about TT tires. I told him I wanted to change out my existing TT tires with Carlisleโ€™s. He started to tell me about the Endurance tires and what a good tire they were but like others, since they are so new and have no history yet, Iโ€™m somewhat hesitant to get a set.
Well the Carlise have a bad record... So do want the devil you know, or the devil that might turn out alright?

I get it. Many new ST tires have been introduced to great fanfare. TT owners rushed out to buy them... A few years later, many of them are not happy, and rushing for the next new tire in hopes it will really be the answer.

Maybe these new Goodyears will pass the test of time. Maybe not.

I will just point out that all of these new tires are made by the same companies that told us how great their last tires were.

You could get out of the ST tire shell game and go to LTs. It is what I did in 2006. I am never going back to STs.

Depending your TT specifics the swap may be easy, or difficult. But IMO, it is worth it no matter what it takes.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
While I was at the tire dealer we started talking about TT tires. I told him I wanted to change out my existing TT tires with Carlisleโ€™s. He started to tell me about the Endurance tires and what a good tire they were but like others, since they are so new and have no history yet, Iโ€™m somewhat hesitant to get a set.

Then don't, no one can force you to buy something you don't want. However, while do you wait another few years for this proof of performance I'll be enjoying my own Endurance tires every time I tow. :B

That said, if you're at all curious place an unmounted Carlisle HD, or any other brand of ST tire you may prefer, beside an unmounted Goodyear Endurance and bear down on each with all your body weight - you'll be shocked at how easily all those other brands collapse while the Endurance barely deflects at all. And before any other pundit chimes in to claim this sidewall design can't help but result in a "harsh ride" I'll say balderdash, the set of GY Endurance tires I own, inflated to their maximum cold inflation, do not ride harsh at all, in fact they're the best towing tire I've owned to date. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

babock
Explorer
Explorer
I was considering the Endurance but went with the Maxxis. Will see in 5 years how the Endurance tires are doing for the first set of people that tried them.

Even my Chinese tires lasted a year...year is not enough time to know how the Endurance tires will survive.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Mine have close to 5000 miles this year also. No issues.
First year is easy. Year 4 to 6+ are the tough ones.

Yeah...they have been out for about a year now so 4-6 years and 25k-35k miles of trouble free service will tell their story.

I know you said just about a year now, which is not far off, but I had my eye on them and was only able to get them late last March, some of the first out there. My Endurance tires were marked with manu date of March 2017. So they haven't quite been around a year yet but getting closer.
I love me some land yachting

path1
Explorer
Explorer
My local Discount tire and grocery store is in same shopping center. So I bug them often:) So far since this last April they have installed 22 and zero blow outs or other problems, so far. But they haven't been out on the market for a year old yet. I'm thinking about getting some next spring. I do like Maxxis better, but they are hard to get on the road. Just my opinion. Lot cheaper tires available, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for", atleast in theory. I have room for 16 inchers (lot more choices) but the wheels I want brought price to around $850.00. So staying with 15 inch for now and keeping an eye on how many tire failures my tire store gets.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Fireballsocal
Explorer
Explorer
I thought like any (ST) trailer tire. these should be replaced at 4 years. Am I wrong?

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:

Yeah...they have been out for about a year now so 4-6 years and 25k-35k miles of trouble free service will tell their story.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
The set four I had installed in Flagstaff took me to Nashville and back to California @ 75mph for just about 5000 miles. Smooth sailing!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.. I put on Goodyear endurance tire2 on my 5th wheel this spring.. I have about 4000 miles on them now and I like them at this point. Jim A.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
My research into these is that they are made here in the USA and are the replacement brand for the Marathon. They sound pretty skookum to me and will be ordering them for the trailer.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We now have over ten thousand miles on our Endurance tires -- so far, so good. These are Load Range D on a very small trailer, and I do not go over 62 mph. So yes, this is overkill. But I never again want to experience a blowout on a single axle trailer. Once is enough.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."