cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijac or Torklift for a 10 foot Alaskan cabover ?

Dale_A
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen lots of general debates on Torklift vs Happijac tiedowns, but wondered if anyone had suggestions specifically for a 10 foot cabover Alaskan Camper going onto a crewcab RAM 3500. Thanks all .. Dale
11 REPLIES 11

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
if you try to lift a 2 ton plus camper any jacks are going to wear out

Torklifts are not jacks they are tie downs. And Alaskan pop up campers are nowhere near 4000 pounds.
never said it was.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Bolt on Torklift with no drilling, cutting or welding - Just keeping it simple.

X2. You have to drill lots of holes for the HJs none for the Torklifts.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Bedlam
Bolt on Torklift with no drilling, cutting or welding - Just keeping it simple.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
HJ here for 12 years on 2 different campers, keep it simple
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
The comentary just goes on and on. They both work. Only issue with HJ might be the strength of your rear bumper for the buttons. There will be supporters and detractors forever. Only way to please both sides would be HJ up front, we personally like the centering guides, and Torklift in back if your vehicle lacks the rear bumper strength and or support prevelant in newer model vehicles. Not a problem with our 04 Chevy 3500 Duramax so we're Hapijack all the way around. In the end it's your choice. Enjoy the camper no matter which camp you decide to follow.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
There are usually a few Torklift tie down sets for sale in Ontario on KIJIJI:
eg.
Used Torklifts

Make sure you check on the Torklift website for correct Model number for your application.

If you have to buy new/import them from the USA it will cost a small fortune.
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Happijac
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you try to lift a 2 ton plus camper any jacks are going to wear out

Torklifts are not jacks they are tie downs. And Alaskan pop up campers are nowhere near 4000 pounds.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Torklift.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen lots of general debates on Torklift vs Happijac tiedowns, but wondered if anyone had suggestions specifically for a 10 foot cabover Alaskan Camper going onto a crewcab RAM 3500. Thanks all .. Dale

Excellent choice of camper. I owned one for a decade. Very high quality. Go with Torklift.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
i have limited knowledge of jacks.i've had the torklifts and now the happy's.i think it really doesn't matter which ones.in my humble opinion,if you try to lift a 2 ton plus camper any jacks are going to wear out before too long,as you can read on some other posts.not saying yours is over 2 tons,but its like trying to pull a tt with a volkswagen.eep in mind the ram is tall.its going to extend your jacks waay up.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat