cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Strip Part # For Host Mammoth A/C

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a chart on the Dometic website somewhere to determine the correct part # for my A/C in my Host Mammoth? I called Dometic and got two different part #'s one for ducted and one for non-ducted. Since I have a single duct to the bed area, I ordered the ducted part #. The installation instructions say this part is for a Brisk Air II. According to my manuals I have a low profile Penguin.
20 REPLIES 20

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bedlam wrote:
We use our fireplace heater set at 70 or 75 and it keeps the temperatures comfortable when on shore power.

Show-off 😉
We actually warm up houses in CA and NV mostly with our gas fireplaces.
In CA we had efficient firebox, when in NV it is just gas logs.
Still even real flame fireplace efficiency sucks, you warm up the spot you need, saving energy central heating would waste in other rooms.
The mood fireplace brings >>> PRICELESS.

Tamnative
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this one:https://www.makariosrv.com/dometic-old-style-non-ducted-heat-strip-3101121-030/
2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4

Bedlam
We use our fireplace heater set at 70 or 75 and it keeps the temperatures comfortable when on shore power.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
i gave you the corect number

Thanks, I will order the correct element Monday. So much for Dometic parts help.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
i gave you the corect number

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
Well, good luck with the install. Interested to see how it works out!

Thanks, I will post the correct # if I ever figure it out. Since I'm staying in the camper full time and with the mild Texas winters, I think the heat strip would help some.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Well, good luck with the install. Interested to see how it works out!
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic advised me to use the heat strip for a ducted model due to close proximity of the duct to the heat strip. The manual provided to me by Host does not match the model # of my A/C unit.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
brinson wrote:
Yeah, I think I have to use one for a ducted unit due to the duct hose stuck up in the discharge area of the A/C. Probably will install under the top compressor shroud.

Makes sense. The Host we just bought came with model Dometic A/C model # 640310. The link I posted above matches it to that model, so aside from the duct that host mounts in there it should be correct if your A/C model number is the same. It is listed in the Owners manual binder Host provides.

As a side note I have noticed that very little cold air comes out of the bedroom "duct"

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
it mounts on the intake side

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I think I have to use one for a ducted unit due to the duct hose stuck up in the discharge area of the A/C. Probably will install under the top compressor shroud.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Does this look correct?

https://www.campersparadise.com/dometic-3314998-000-brisk-air-ii-penguin-ii-ac-non-ducted-heat-strip...

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
brinson wrote:
brinson wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
331028.000 peguin heat strip 11k btu

Thanks, Dometic gave me Part # 3315450.000(ducted) and 3314998.000 non-ducted. I ordered the ducted part and it doesn't look right at all.
try it now was missing a 3 my bad

Is there a number missing? I google doesn't find the part #.