Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heco lift system

Manfred
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is OK to lubricate the rail/gear on the Heco lift system. My 2005 Northstar 850SC, cranks up OK but I'm thinking everything would glide smoother with some lubricant. Is it advisable to lubercate these components and if so, what would you use, silicone? Thanks
2005 Northstar 850SC
2016 F250 6.2L
4 REPLIES 4

Manfred
Explorer
Explorer
Travelmankid wrote:
Manfred wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is OK to lubricate the rail/gear on the Heco lift system. My 2005 Northstar 850SC, cranks up OK but I'm thinking everything would glide smoother with some lubricant. Is it advisable to lubercate these components and if so, what would you use, silicone? Thanks

it is generally advisable to lubricate the mechanical components of camper lift systems, including those on the Northstar 850SC, to ensure they operate smoothly and to reduce wear.

When I initially read your post, I read it as not advisable to lube, looks like it would be OK to do so. I check out the lube that was recommended and give it a try. Thanks .:)
2005 Northstar 850SC
2016 F250 6.2L

Manfred
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the thoughts and lubricant recommendation. Awhile ago I read a post on another forum where a member disassembled his HECO lift system, cleaned and lubed the track and gear as well as reloaded the torsion spring - was thinking maybe some lube would keep things operating smoothly, but not so sure now. I was thinking of doing the disassembly in the future as the top progressively gets harder to crank up. I'm a little intimidated about disassembling the lift as I would need to support the top during the process. Anybody know of a RV outfit in the greater Portland, OR area that works on the HECO systems? I know they are no longer installed but you can still get parts. Thanks
2005 Northstar 850SC
2016 F250 6.2L

Travelmankid
Explorer
Explorer
Manfred wrote:
Hi all,

it is generally advisable to lubricate the mechanical components of camper lift systems, including those on the Northstar 850SC, to ensure they operate smoothly and to reduce wear.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II