cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify plug on roof of lance 825

Shiltsy
Explorer
Explorer
I was up ion the roof planning for the solar project and noticed a two conductor plug labeled "MT In" directly in front of the fridge vent. It seems logical to me that this would be pre-wiring for solar. If it was satellite, I assume it'd be a coax connection.

I took two pics that you can see at the link below.

Clicky

Am in luck?
---
2010 Lance 825 Truck Camper
2010 Toyota Tundra TRD | Firestone air bags | Bridgestone Dueler AT E rated tires

A comfortable hard side truck camper paired with 1/2 ton truck!
11 REPLIES 11

Shiltsy
Explorer
Explorer
Agree, their schematics are very helpful. Reading the manual, it sounds like the cable "loops" in the galley and then terminates behind the battery. I'll keep searching in both areas and take pics when I find them.
---
2010 Toyota Tundra TRD | Firestone air bags | Bridgestone Dueler AT E rated tires

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Yes Solar pre wire plug on roof, inside would be a 12ga blue+ & white- wires terminating behind battery compartment. Pages 48 & 95 of your manual-

Theres a link on the TCU thread to Lance manuals. If you dont have a manual I would download and print a hard copy for your year. Worth there weight in paper. One of the things about Lance Ive apprecaited was the inclusion of schematics for the various camper systems, plumbing, electrical.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Shiltsy
Explorer
Explorer
Just crawled up there this morning and confirmed that it is the SAE-2 connection. Next step is to use my wire tracer to send a signal down the line and see where it terminates.
---

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
That looks very similar to the SAE 2-way plug I had on my Wolf Creek 850.

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

LanceCamper845
Explorer
Explorer
Solar
2008 Ford F-250 Crew-Cab w/ Camper Package
6.8L V-10 / 5 Speed TorqShift / 4.10 Rear
Ride- Rites / Stable- Loads / TorkLift Tie Downs / Fast Guns
2011 Lance 830

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
It is a connection for solar. My 920 has it. There was a matching pigtail included when mine was new.

Mark

Shiltsy
Explorer
Explorer
Sure looks like that SAE 2 type plug. I'll take a closer look tomorrow when it's light, but sounds like solar is the most likely candidate. It's definitely not the radio antenna as I located that inside.

I rooted around behind the control panels and I didn't see any obvious terminated wires. Planning to call Lance tomorrow and see if they can tell me where the pre wiring terminates....
---

Dirtpig
Explorer
Explorer
In my arctic fox there is the same thing, which was pre-wired with solar from the factory. The plugin was an SAE 2 pin connector, bought one of these in 8gauge for about $4 SAE 2 Connector and just cut the end off i needed and plugged her in and attached 8gauge wire from it to the solar panel.

You will need to find out where the other end of that pre-installed connection goes as thats where you will need to put your solar controller and it should also have the pos/neg wire that also goes to your campers battery. In my arctic fox the location of the wires was in the wall next to all the other monitors/switches and was clearly labeled "pre-installed solar wiring location"

Good luck, have a look around for a pos/neg wire inside your battery compartment, and also maybe under your sink or some other area which a solar controller may be mounted. Or ask lance directly or maybe a lance owner will chime in.

Makes the installation extremely easy, my install took me about 1hr to install the panel and controller since all wire was already in place. All i had to do was screw panel to roof and cut out hole in wall to mount controller.

2015 Nash 25C bumper pull /w 300watts solar my install
My Truck & RV youtube channel
2005 F-350 Diesel 4x4 CC SB SRW
2001 Honda XR400: many mods
12ft Lund WC boat & 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke on custom loader.

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you trace those wires to where they lead? Maybe the battery compartment?

Are you sure it says "MT" and not "MC" connector?

Many solar panels use MC4 connectors, and a panel would have two connectors.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a radio antenna anywhere else on the roof? I'm just guessing. It looks like something was mounted there and it came off the mastic.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
I had an 825 a couple of years ago.

That was the solar connection on ours.

Good luck with yours.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount