cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help me chose a spray in bed liner

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
I may have a new truck by the new year and I want a spray in bed liner. What brand do you recommend?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
39 REPLIES 39

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
wgriswold wrote:
I may have a new truck by the new year and I want a spray in bed liner. What brand do you recommend?

Factory spray or Line-X!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
If dodge and gm factory liners are as good as the Ford one I have, there is no way I would take a chance on the after market one. Unless it is much cheaper. :h

bqcooker
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Line-X and it held up great. One thing I wish I did was get the over the rail option. If your bed doesn't have the top rail protection, have the, sprayed also.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Davidg53 wrote:
I've had my Rhino liner for a month now....so far so good!.....no problems!

Have had three of them over the past 21 years, and have no complaints. They do fade over time, not an issue for me. Still looks better then a scratched up rusty bed. JMHO. Check with fish he enters his in the truck shows, so they can't be fading . :B

Davidg53
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Rhino liner for a month now....so far so good!.....no problems!

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I have factory spray in mine and I like it. I don't really care if the warranty runs out on it cause I don't expect it to stay flawless - it's a truck bed. It seems pretty durable so far, though.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
The problem I have with spray in liners is they fade so bad that after a few years it makes the rest of the truck look bad.

I prefer a rubber bed mat.

Ya, its just terrible how many people are running up to your truck, and looking into the bed, and saying how bad that liner is. Thats one of the main concerns in my life , a spray in bed liner thats faded a bit . Can't count the nights I've layed awake worrying about a faded bed liner :R

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Garry&Gayle wrote:
Get the factory spray in from the truck you choose Ford, Ram GM

Unless something has changed the big issue with the factory liners is the warranty ends when the bumper to bumper runs out! With Line X and Rhino you have a lifetime warranty.

Unless you don't have any other option, I would suggest not going with a "off brand". Never know if the dealer will still be in business down the road if warranty work is needed. With Line X you have a nationwide dealer network to cover warranty issues, even if you move.

We have had Line X for a little over 2yrs, still happy. We do have a topper so the liner is protected from the sun. Had a "same as Line X" liner in our '10-1500, dealer was out of business by the time we bought the '13-2500. So much for the "lifetime warranty" if we had kept the truck and needed warranty work.

Good luck deciding!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
The problem I have with spray in liners is they fade so bad that after a few years it makes the rest of the truck look bad.

I prefer a rubber bed mat.

I have 4 year old Linex with uv protection and it still looks like new.

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone. Lots of good information for after I purchase the truck. That will probably happen before the end of the year.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
If you want things to stay put RHINO is the best, it just does not look as good over the long haul.

I can testify to that , my previous truck had the Rhino in it for nearly 16 years. It was medium gray, and it was about three shades lighter from fading , but was still as good as new.

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Onyx Bed liner.

dwb619
Explorer
Explorer
Have two trucks:
2001 2500HD with Rhino
2014 Silverado 1500 with Line x
NOTHING moves on the Rhino, EVERYTHING slides around on the Line x
FYI, haven't used it but Rhino makes a product to restore the shine, called RHINO SHINE.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
My truck bed was damaged a few years ago and I had it sprayed by the body shop as part of the repair(no extra cost). They took it to a local Rhino shop. I am happy.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS