cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help!!!! Mice invasion

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
I discovered about three weeks ago a mouse nest in the drawer of my truck camper. It was fairly new because I check my camper thoroughly often. In the past three weeks I have caught 6 mice with the old fashion snap traps. I donโ€™t see any evidence of them in the main part of the camper it appears that they are in the draw (which is by the furnace) and the bathroom cubby. These are the areas I am putting the traps. What advice would you guys with experience with this give me. I never had this problem in the past 10 years. Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
keep trapping
use peppermint oil on little balls of cotton
irish spring soap helps
bounce sheets help
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bounce fabric sheets
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
My TC is a Lance 815

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
What make of TC is it?

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy some stainless steel wool and a can of rodent proof spray foam. Start filling every opening you can find. Remember the buggers can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also look for where they are getting in and plug the holes.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Get a couple bars of the โ€œOriginal โ€œ Irish Spring soap. Shave it up into small pieces and place in small open containers and put in your rig. No more mice, also works on Porcupines.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
fresh cab at tractor supply and peppermint oil works for me, I,d keep trapping for awhile longer.