How many folks want an EV

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

How many folks want an EV?

Would you plan on towing with it?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
33 REPLIES 33

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I think eventually it won't be a choice. If we want something to drive it will be an EV. When it comes to towing we may have to downsize our trailers in order to be able to tow them or take really good care of our current tow vehicles so they last the rest of our lifetime.

More and more States are adopting the "California Model" which is outlawing the sale of fossil fueled cars (and most likely pickups) in the next 10-15 years.

Tent/Popup trailers will certainly become more prevalent and 14'high, 40' long 5th wheel trailers will most likely disappear or be permanently parked.

The reality is that even the commercial truck operators, from local delivery to over the road freight transport, are looking at electric trucks (some even driverless). Rail transport will eventually become like that in Europe and other countries with overhead power wires or locomotives with battery banks to move them in areas with no overhead power.

The change is happening regardless of our thoughts or desires.

FWIW, I have had a PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid EV) for 5 years now and it's been great. 90+ percent of my driving is on battery and my gasoline expense down an average of $400/month before the recent rise in gasoline cost. Saving even more now.
"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be happy with one for other than towing. Still too expensive for me. My 60 mpg Prius was only $30k-ish, may last my remaining driving years. I'd wager that anyone age 50 or younger will be driving one at some point. Either that or sit on the porch.

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
My next vehicle would be an EV, but I'm not currently willing to pay the price of admission. It wouldn't be a tow vehicle, but rather a commuter vehicle. The current vehicle rarely goes more than 30 miles away at a time, so an EV would work great.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Our next automobile will be a EV. Will not tow with it.