cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a Lance owner again!

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
As I've mentioned elsewhere my DW and I decided about 18 months ago that we wanted more space and traded our Lance 981max for a TT.

We have both missed the convenience of the TC and although the trailer is certainly nice, I don't believe we're using as much as we used our Lance.

A few weeks ago my son introduced us to his new girlfriend, and in the course of the conversation she mentioned that her family had this Lance in their driveway, it hadn't been moved in several years and they "just wanted it out of there. "

Well it turned out to be a very clean 1995 Lance 880. It's older than our previous Lance, doesn't have a slide (which is not all bad) and will probably need some work, although everything I've checked so far, including the generator, works! Finalized the deal tonight, pulled the dead battery so I can exchange it, and hope to bring the TC home on Sunday.

Now we'll need to decide between the TC and the TT, I don't think we can keep both, but with what I paid for the 990 I don't need to rush.

At the moment life is good!

P.S. Glad I didn't remove the Happijac brackets from the truck!
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X
5 REPLIES 5

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have always had at least one TC owned a used continously since 1965 even though we also had various other RV's at the same time. TT's, 5th wheels, class C's, class A's. The TC is so universal and fits anywhere. So true that NO RV is the best for all scenarios but it's the most universal. Wouldn't want to live permanently in it because it's quite small in sq footage but sure wouldn't pull our large 5th wheel 5,000 miles to Alaska just to sleep and cooked in it when our TC does the same so much easier and fits in any site or even no site at all.

On our 3rd Lance and all were purchased new and have been simply excellent with no leaks or any problems including the generators in 2 of them and are so comfortable and well insulated/well built. We too are hot and cold about having a slide in a TC and almost ordered a new 1191 or a 992 but realized we'er totally happy with our non-slide large TC. Don't want to be required to have a dually truck as our SRW truck is also used for our 5th wheel and recently finally pared down from 6 vehicles to only 3. The dually truck is so often a PIA when driving/parking when not actually pulling as we have had 3 of them and know. We only buy crew cab long box 4X4 trucks. Hey, there's only the 2 of us and over 73 years old now so how many vehicles do we need?
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good move Jim... I always wanted the Truck Camper as that fits my OFF-ROAD camping lifestyle to a tee except for all the Radio and Camping stuff I always take with me when camping. I figured if I had the Truck Camper I would wold have have to drag an utility trailer along behind it. Also my truck would probably also have to be setup with DUAL WHEELS on the rear..

With my current OFF-ROAD POPUP setup and its 5x8 front deck along with my truck bed we can carry some serious supplies with us when camping...

Then there was what to do when you want to go sightseeing... Break camp or unload the camper... It would scare the pure H out of me leaving my camper sitting on the ground unattended somewhere.

End result I have just give up on the idea of ever having a Truck Camper.

Now you got both worlds sitting in your driveway... Makes me want to try it again on this end hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congratulations. 😉

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a 5th wheel and a TC. I sold the 5th wheel, and decided to leave the rails in the truck incase I got another 5th wheel. That was in 2004, and I still have no 5th wheel but still have the rails.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Yay!!! Congratulations!! If you have the storage you may find that you do want to keep both... Difference trips can call for different camping vehicles...

Have fun and happy camping!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992