Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm back.....

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, life sure can be interesting.

DW and I bought our 'dream 5th wheel' just over a year ago. Had a great setup with it and our Ram 3500.
We're about 6 years from retirement, so we thought "We're set" rig wise.
Had some great trips with the combo.

Well.....DW has had to stop work for health reasons, so best laid plans were scrambled.

She was freaking out about how we were going to survive. Knowing all of that extra stress was going to make her worse-off I just told her, "OK, I have a plan. Just sit back and let me do it. There will be no discussion about it, so just trust me."

Put the 5th wheel up for sale and sold it for what we owed on it.
Sold the truck (which we owned outright) within a week of posting it.

We bought an RV lot last spring which I wanted to hold on to because it has proven to be an "oasis" for us during her diagnosis and decision making stages.

So, with the funds from the truck we just had this delivered this week:

It's a '16 Jayflight 38FDDS.
It's HUGE.
Lots of room for our grown (well, sort of grown up :)) kids and their spouses. That's the real blessing in that they all LOVE coming to the lot so we can get lots of family time. This also helps DW with her outlook.

Anyway, won't be towing anytime soon, but we still have a great place and trailer to camp in. DW is lamenting the fact that we won't be travelling as much, but I told her that we'll just try this on for size and see how we like it. If we get the bug to hit the road again maybe we can find a small run-about sometime when she's feeling better.

So back to the travel trailer forum I've come ๐Ÿ™‚
20 REPLIES 20

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. :C
I always say you should travel when you can, you don't know what life will hand you tomorrow.
This is a great compromise. I hope your DW recovers quickly.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nice set up there. CONGRATS!

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great plan to me!!!!!!!! Hope all goes well for you both
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like a great setup. Making lemonade out of lemons. Great that you are so supportive of your wife. That has to take stress off of her.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer