cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with cabinet hardware.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
These cabinets open up and I need something to hold them up. We bought a couple of those shock type openers and that didn't work. Anyone know of anything easy to install that I can do to keep them open? I have four of them, these two and the two over the bed.

2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.
7 REPLIES 7

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has 3 different types - Clicky
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
skipnchar wrote:
What would probably work best is a spring loaded system and they should be readily available from more any big box home store.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, is it the hinge that is spring loaded or the strut?
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Try here: Supports

Good luck
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
What would probably work best is a spring loaded system and they should be readily available from more any big box home store.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
2nd for Rockler, a small piston will do the job.....

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Try www.Rockler.com : I use them for my woodworking hobby. They have various piston type mechanisms used to keep toy chest lids from falling...they my be able to keep the doors open too. The phone people at Rockler are pretty helpful.

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer
one option would be to move the hinges to the smaller side of the door and have them open out into the trailer rather than up,and being sure to fill the old holes with color matching putty found at your local hardware store. OR go to Home Depot and see what they have in the cabinet dept for hinges that stay up.