cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Imagine 2600RB and 15K BTU A/C

jim0004
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new here and looking at a Grand Design Imagine 2600RB and I've got 2 questions.

1) Is the Imagine a decent TT? I've had a Keystone Cougar fiver and I was not happy with the quality. May have been the dealer - may have been Keystone. Nevertheless, it seems 'cheap' for the price. The 2600RB is about that same price and I'm concerned about build-quality. I don't expect luxury but I do expect a reasonably reliable unit.

2) The Cougar and the 2600 are both at 30-31 feet. The Cougar had a 13.5K BTU A/C and it sure didn't keep the unit cool in the summer in Colorado, Kansas, and Oklahoma. The 2600 has a 15KBTU A/C. Will the 15K be more 'cooling efficient' than the 13.5K?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
4 REPLIES 4

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Imagine 2650 (now discontinued.) There are FB pages for GD owners and GD Imagine owners. Yes, people post their problems but you won't find a more responsive RV company when it comes to customer issues. I'd buy another GD in a heartbeat.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lot more involved than just the A/C (13.5 vs 15K)....you would need to have identical trailers to make a valid comparison...

Number of windows, insulation values, etc. all determine how well an A/C will perform.
but yes,....a 15K should do a little better that a 13.5
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kinda depends on where you camp. Many state parks have tree canopies that provide shade and yes the 15k AC will do a decent job. If you camp where there is no shade then you should look for a unit with two ACโ€™s and 50 amp service.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you can,t notice the difference in the two ac units, they need to have two ac,units to cool a rv down, after all theres hardly any insulation, and the walls are about two inch,s think. like trying to cool a oven. quality? there isn,t any . . if your buying new? go watch the line as there being built. if buying used? hire a mobil tech to check it over. best money you,ll have spent on his written report.