cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

incline parking for storage

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to park a tt on an incline? Is so, how?

The reason I am asking is we have a steep driveway that I would like to use for trailer storage.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200
22 REPLIES 22

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Where my nephew lives the driveways are at an extreme angle. Many of the people who park their trailer or boat in the driveway have put posts in cement with a chain welded to it. They then wrap the chain around the axle for an added bit of protection in case a chock gets moved or breaks away. Alittle more peace of mind if nothing else.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

limbery
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
Left to right, no. Fore and aft, yes. I level the trailer to the slope to ensure the weight is equal on each axle, too.

How do you do that on a slope? Mine is jacked up in the front as high as I'm comfortable and it's not completely level F to B but there's obviously more weight on the rear axel than the front...

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Left to right, no. Fore and aft, yes. I level the trailer to the slope to ensure the weight is equal on each axle, too.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much. I hadn't considered the refrigerator. I will see what we can do about leveling once it's parked. Building a platform for the jack may work out to be the best solution. We have x-chocks on order. Plus we remove the battery every time we store. Those things are valuable!

Additional weight to the rear may be an issue. I wont give up my storage space until i think we have the right solution. I dont want to cost more in repairs than rent. All for the cost of convenience.

Thanks again.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200

Indiandy
Explorer
Explorer
"NOW LISTEN CLOSE... After you move the TT back to more level ground. I would not turn the fridge on for at least 24 hours."

24 hours?????

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
I agree to the posts above and just want to add that it will help water/snow to slide off the roof easily.
When I store the trailer I create an angle for this exact purpose.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
Parking a TT on an incline, no problem.

Running an absorption fridge more than three degrees off level... big problem, as in a dead unit in a short time.

Just make sure its well chocked, the weight of the unit is on the chocks and not the tongue jack (or even worse stabilizer jacks), and the fridge is off... don't see anything wrong other than that, other than perhaps keeping an eye on the house batteries.

DITTO. Keep fridge OFF. Keep wheels blocked real well!! Preferably Chocks to block the tires (If its real steep) Id block all 4 tires. Then I would use those chocks that go between the tires also.

NOW LISTEN CLOSE... After you move the TT back to more level ground. I would not turn the fridge on for at least 24 hours.
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Parking a TT on an incline, no problem.

Running an absorption fridge more than three degrees off level... big problem, as in a dead unit in a short time.

Just make sure its well chocked, the weight of the unit is on the chocks and not the tongue jack (or even worse stabilizer jacks), and the fridge is off... don't see anything wrong other than that, other than perhaps keeping an eye on the house batteries.