cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing MaxxAir MaxxFan....Eternabond??

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm getting ready to install a new MaxxAir Maxx Fan on my trailer. Just had the thought that rather than using Dicor lap sealent, use some Eternabond. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

And, yes, I've read all sorts of posts on Eternabond, but I would like to get any new thoughts, suggestions or experiences.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
3 REPLIES 3

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I would install it like OEM. Use butyl tape and then add self leveling sealant such as Dicor.
If your 2014 trailer still has warranty left check with the dealer or trailer mfg first. Adding Eternabond to the new roof can void a roof warranty so one member found out.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I installed mine, I used Butyl tape under the fan flange and Dicor at the edge. Since I was putting vent covers over the fan it wasn't going to see the sunlight ever again so the Dicor will probably outlast me. If you really want overkill, do the Butyl tape, a thin bead of Dicor and cover the whole edge with wide Eternabond. Whoever buys the trailer next will either thank you or curse you. I put a piece of Eternabond over a small cut in the roof several years ago and it's still hanging in there.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
That should work fine. When I had a small leak on a seam bracket on the roof of my old trailer I removed all the original Dicor and replaced it with Eternabond. It worked great. Just remember to prep properly and you should never have to touch it again.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)