cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this de-lamination?

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
I took the family out for our 1st official camping trip this weekend and I discovered that my ENTIRE rear wall appears to have separated. This is a brand-new trailer that I picked up in February. Is this de-lamination or something else? Pretty much the only thing holding that panel on is the rear window and the side/top trim.

Video

Pic link, kind of see the light sticking out...
11 REPLIES 11

BigInIssaquah
Explorer
Explorer
Phew! Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I just didn't notice it before and it freaked me out. I'll go ahead and delete that video as well so no one runs across it thinking the same as me.

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
My Keystone Passport is the same way. It's by design as many others have answered.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just as S.A.D. indicated, it is not delam and it is perfectly normal. The rear of your trailer is not vacuum bonded so they can easily run the wires for the clearance and tail lights. Since the fiberglass is glued to the luan paneling underneath and the paneling is just floating over bat insulation, there's nothing to support it as firmly as where it's vacuum bonded.

roadrider10
Explorer
Explorer
Does not look like delamination. I have a 2013 keystone Laredo also and I do believe that is just the panel flexing. That back wall is hung with fiberglass insulation behind it. That is a luan panel with fiberglass gelcoat sprayed over it. Just the edge trim and applied items seem to hold it in place. I would still have the dealer look at it but I suspect they will also say that is not a problem. The sides and floor of the trailer are laminated.

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
I wish people on this forum would read the entire thread before responding.. The question has been asked and answered.

Now there will be 112 more replies by people (use a dumb person voice when you read this), "That don't look rite"... Causing the original poster to worry needlessly - and likely a useless trip to the dealer.
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
You can't push in the rear of my fiberglass trailer like that. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone hangs the back wall of their trailers and laminates the sides. That is not delamination. You can breath easy. I'm not a fan of the way it looks but what you are seeing is they way they make their campers.

Mrfast
Explorer
Explorer
Longtime lurker here, but that sure doesn't look right to me, My small fiberglass camper sure doesn't do that.
Chevy Avalanche Z71
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
2000 Class A Allegro M28

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be taking that back to the dealer!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
No. It is as designed. Your rear wall is not a laminated unit like yor side walls. It is layers, but held together by attachment points (ladder, windows, sides, etc).
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

pipefitr
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is aluminum but I think a lot of the fiberglass trailers are only laminated on the top , bottom, and both sides. I think the front on back are some times just loose fiberglass and normal insulation . Either way good luck!

Paul