cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this something to be concerned about?

SueFlay
Explorer
Explorer

I have circled in the photo what looks to me like a structural break above the slideout in this travel trailer I am thinking of buying. Does this look like something that will lead to major problems later on or something not to worry about? Thank you! https://i.postimg.cc/0yJtrp4j/Screenshot-20240830-105338-Facebook.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Do not purchase that trailer!

That is a very serious problem, and very expensive to fix. That is why they are trying to get rid of the trailer.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Do not purchase that trailer!

That is a very serious problem, and very expensive to fix. That is why they are trying to get rid of the trailer.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Thank you! That's what I thought. I really appreciate you responding back. This would have actually been our first camper and we don't have much money to begin with so we don't need major problems later on!

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Can't access the photo. Perhaps you should just load it here. That said, you posted this question in the community feedback section which is for issues with the website and forum itself. You may have better luck getting answers if you posted in the travel trailer section. 

But to answer your question without seeing the photo; there are far too many used RVs out there that I would ever spend any thought on one with a potential issue. Even a killer deal, any evidence of structural or water related issues will become a huge issue later and render your TT basically worthless. Find one without issues, or at least an issue that isn't potentially catastrophic. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

You should be able to see the photo from the reply below yours if you would like to see it. 

Is this something you cannot inspect in person? To me it looks like the wallpaper is peeling possibly from water intrusion. . I would ask for a picture from the outside of the same area so you can see if there is a crack.crack.png

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

No it's a structural break in the wall. We spoke to them some more and they said that a small leak is already going on in that area. So, I'm just guessing it could become major? They are saying it isn't but common sense is saying otherwise.