cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco 165 Mods

Chucknbob
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I picked up an 03 Jayco Jayfeather 165. She's an interior designer, so we couldn't go without changing something. So we updated the flooring, painted cabinets, changed the hardware, and changed all the uhlpolstry.

Stock before photo:

And after:

3 REPLIES 3

Chucknbob
Explorer
Explorer
There was a water leak in the front, so we pulled the old floor and replaced it. It's just stain master laminate, not sure of the type, just whatever was on clearance.

The cabinets were primed with an oil based primer, then we just used white interior paint on them, spray painted the hinges, and replaced the hardware with faux crystal knobs.

We pulled the Venetian blinds (hate those), and my wife made the curtains. They're just held up with cheap tension rods. She also pulled fabric off of the cushions and made new covers with mattress ticking.

The fridge was painted with flat black magnetic paint. It works great, but it is the nastiest paint you'll ever use. Cover EVERYTHING when you use it, and use a disposable brush.

Hope that helps. If you have other questions let me know.

tunatundra
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I really like what you did. We really like the flooring. Please tell us all about it. Product, cost, where you bought it, and how did you go about it. (Did you lay it over exisiting flooring or tear the old out? Thanks, Tuna Details will not bore us.
Rusty & Lana
2017 Cougar 333MKS
2016 F250 Diesel

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great!