cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco 17Z 2013 failed flooring structure

anaroll123
Explorer
Explorer
FYI: We have had our new Jayco Z17 for 8 months. Spent the winter parked in FL. Noticed the floor was getting soft. Getting worse, it is now thoughout the entire length of trailer. It is going into Jayco Manufacturing Plant to have the trailer lifted off the base and a new stucture and beams put in. Bummer, in the mean time we are looking for a new fifth wheel, one built for full timing.
5 REPLIES 5

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious if the cause of this damage was discussede? Good you found this while under warranty. Best of luck
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

wfreeth
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Palomino S-21 do the same thing, I now have a stick & tin trailer with a plywood floor. I'm not overly crazy about the sandwiched luan and styrofoam floors they put in trailers to keep the weight down.
2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Laramie 4X4 Hemi
2004 Four Winds Classic 28BH-M5
Pullrite Superglide 2700/Firestone Ride-Rites

Drive a Hybrid, I need your gas!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
At least when you get it back it will be in good shape to sell or trade in. I've seen some really nice 5'ers out there but with the investment with the 5'er and the TV I was thinking a MH would be some cheaper. Boy, that comment should raise some heads. Anyway, good luck with your search and repairs.

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the exact same boat with our 2011 19H. Noticed some soft spots last year and they have gotten a lot worse. Reported it under warranty and it is supposed to go back to the Jayco factory for repairs in Oct when we are finished camping for the season. The luan butt joints were not staggered and they in turn compressed the foam in the middle. It has to be repaired from the inside no idea how they plan to do that. We have lost faith in our little trailer and are now looking at stick and tin as we do not want to deal with another sandwich floor. Best of luck to you.

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out well for you. Just out of curiosity, did Jayco give you a time frame for completion?
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller