cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Eagle 298rls

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
$40800 is list....$28326 is out door price (but I would pay tax in my home state). Includes a couple of vent covers & TV mount (no TV in bedroom).

The dealer would consign my current TT at no cost to me.

What is the good or bad with this unit. Sleeping I would need to sleep 6 sometimes. Air bed & u-shaped table. I guess the hassle in setting up the beds each day & night is the question.

Love the rear recliners & bigger bathroom.

Ok what y'all think?

No Jayco dealers that I want to deal with near me.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
5 REPLIES 5

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
LeBout wrote:
How OFTEN would you need to sleep six? You're right, tearing down the dinette to make an extra sleeping spot is kind of a pain. When our kids camped with us we had a double bunk model because my wife and I wanted to be able to get up and make coffee, talk and read even before the kids got up. Now that the kids are grown we went to a different floorplan that more accommodates just the two of us. You're right, the recliners are nice. You just need to figure out if you're in a stage of life yet where you can really enjoy that option or if that floor space would be better suited to another function. Good luck with your decision. 🙂

Most of the time it is just the 4 of us (kids are 13 & 16). Daughter is oldest but I thinkshe will Rv right on thru hs & college.

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Duck wrote:
We are considering the same model. I was wondering if there are TV connections for a TV in the bedroom.
Don

Yes there is but it has to be a wall mount TV.

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
How OFTEN would you need to sleep six? You're right, tearing down the dinette to make an extra sleeping spot is kind of a pain. When our kids camped with us we had a double bunk model because my wife and I wanted to be able to get up and make coffee, talk and read even before the kids got up. Now that the kids are grown we went to a different floorplan that more accommodates just the two of us. You're right, the recliners are nice. You just need to figure out if you're in a stage of life yet where you can really enjoy that option or if that floor space would be better suited to another function. Good luck with your decision. 🙂
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering the same model. I was wondering if there are TV connections for a TV in the bedroom.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

fil564
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 and love it, it is the perfect unit for my wife and I. It can be a pain when our daughter stays with us and wants to stay inside because of the weather instead of the tent but overall we are completely satisfied with it.
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
1 Wife
2 Really Spoiled Shih Tzu's
that have Passed the Rainbow Bridge