cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jayco small travel trailers

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not impressed with the quality verses the price for these rvs...i just got one and being that it was an acceptable price...I got it.
18 REPLIES 18

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
mikeleblanc413 wrote:
Building quality can be scary! I'm getting back into the RV adventure and am looking for a 2014-2018, 20-25 foot travel. As it pertains to quality, which manufacturers in the 2014-2018 rise to the top? THANKS.

Many folks don't read a bash the rv industry thread. JMO..... you'll get more responses by starting your own thread with your question.
However asking a which is best question can result in my brand is best and bash other brands.
My first 5th wheel rv trailer was a 26' from Skyline .....my second was a 28' from Fleetwood 5th wheel....my current 32' 5th wheel trailer is a Thor brand. All three brands were bashed/trashed by many.
The most problems I've had were from appliances which were the same brands in just about all types of rvs.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
csh_2088 wrote:
In the video I posted below they show a Jayco being made in seven hours. The workers are running around as fast as they can to put everything together. These workers have to be tired which means some things got missed. After seeing this video I wonder if just buying used would be better.

Jayco Travel Trailer Being Made

That video was posted on YouTube in July of 2013, so you'd better buy a very old TT ๐Ÿ™‚

When we bought our Forest River Hybrid TT (a Rockwood Roo 233), the dealer told us they were building about 17 Roo 233s a day. It certainly seemed like it after a few years.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got that video makes it look awful.

csh_2088
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the video I posted below they show a Jayco being made in seven hours. The workers are running around as fast as they can to put everything together. These workers have to be tired which means some things got missed. After seeing this video I wonder if just buying used would be better.

Jayco Travel Trailer Being Made

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
mikeleblanc413 wrote:
Building quality can be scary! I'm getting back into the RV adventure and am looking for a 2014-2018, 20-25 foot travel. As it pertains to quality, which manufacturers in the 2014-2018 rise to the top? THANKS.

Not very many. See the post above that references the recession. The RV Industry sucks. They have the RVIA, whose main purpose is to lobby for stopping any proposed lemon law while painting a rosy picture of how great RVs are built. These things are low grade garbage for the most part.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
mikeleblanc413 wrote:
My opinion 2008 when the real-estate market tanked and the economy went in the toilet RV manufacturers had massive layoffs. Quality has been in the toilet ever since. When the market recovered the RV manufacturers hired anyone who could fog a mirror.

This is also the time period when quality manufacturers either went under or were purchased by Thor or Forest River.

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I bought a like brand new good quality 2003 R-Vision Trail Cruiser TT (Monaco Coach) in 2003 and for 15 years it received hard use in harsh weather conditions including very hot Texas and Nevada sun outdoor storage lots (no cover) and including mountain towing in western USA. Never any problems with this small lightweight 28 foot 4500 lb trailer except minor issues I repaired myself and nothing major.

I did perform annual maintenance chores such as easy for me fresh liquid roof recoating with Dicor liquid rubber using long handle roller brushes in cool morning hours and routine washing and waxing with combined liquid (not paste) wash and wax using sponge mops (easy). Used 303 spray protectant on tires and fiberglass trailer in key spots. A few decals did fade over time. Minimum recaulking required in a few places.

Never used the long roll down awning attached to TT. Too much bulk and trouble for me especially on windy days. Relied on shade trees when camping or used small pop up shade shelter. Sold the TT for a very good price to Nevada RV dealer. Cheers

Nice story??
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Campersam9
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone keeps purchasing the poor quality trailers. Soon the market will be flooded with junk. We rebuilt our 2007 Jayco because the price was crazy. Then we looked at some new trailers and noticed how cheap and poorly made. They must not know what a level is! Too much clear silicone used. On and on. We are discussed because we want a new trailer to go from Pa to Alaska when and it COVID gives up.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Donโ€™t forget poor quality is a management failureโ€ฆtrain, inspect, review, retrain, motivateโ€ฆrepeat.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Most RV's are made in Indiana...a state that has a $7.25 minimum wage. You get what you pay for should be stated on the sales contract.

Oregons minimum wage is $12.75. We have Forest River, Keystone, ORV and Northwood as our big RV manufactures. I see some pretty sloppy work from all 4 of those. You could pay workers $25 an hr and management would still want it built ASAP.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Big Mac in $15-an-hour Seattle tastes just as bad as it does in $7.25-an-hour Elkhart.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most RV's are made in Indiana...a state that has a $7.25 minimum wage. You get what you pay for should be stated on the sales contract.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œthey are focused on maximizing profits for their shareholders,..โ€

I would add โ€œtodayโ€™s profitsโ€ and unconcerned about tomorrowโ€ฆsince current management has stuffed itโ€™s pants full of salary, bonuses and perks. Think twice about a โ€œtodayโ€™s profitsโ€ stock purchase if you are a longterm investor.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad