cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Junk drawer?

beachlovingmom
Explorer
Explorer
For lack of a better word, we have a junk drawer. It has things such as Velcro, batteries, duct tape, command hooks, A Sharpie, and some rope. What else should I throw in there?

Thanks!
26 REPLIES 26

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
After 5 years in our last TT, every drawer was a junk drawer. We need to trade every now and then just to purge some of the stuff we've been carrying around!
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
loulou57 wrote:
I do have to admit....those 3 junk drawers we have are likely the most organised junk drawers. We both are a little/lot OCD. There is nothing out of place in our TT. Everything is in zip locks and labelled if necessary and everything is in cupboards neat. Even the linen closet has the face cloths in a basket, stacked by style and colour. Our friends chuckle because there is nothing on the counters, table etc. I guess that little is a lot LOL!!!

My twin!

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
We only have 2 drawers in our Hideout, so my Junk is in a plastic shoe box. Pens, a pencil, notebook, measuring tape, and more.
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I do have to admit....those 3 junk drawers we have are likely the most organised junk drawers. We both are a little/lot OCD. There is nothing out of place in our TT. Everything is in zip locks and labelled if necessary and everything is in cupboards neat. Even the linen closet has the face cloths in a basket, stacked by style and colour. Our friends chuckle because there is nothing on the counters, table etc. I guess that little is a lot LOL!!!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Landry wrote:
My junk drawer is actually a pull out drawer under one of the dinette seats that I added dividers to. It's not really a "junk" drawer. Everything in it has a use or potential use, tool collection with screwdrivers, pliers, socket set, torque wrench, wire strippers and connectors, plumbing fittings, spare propane regulator, coax strippers and connectors, fudrs, circuit breakers, volt-ohm meter, a few specialty tools, and just about anything that if needed would ruin a camping trip if I didn't have it. If I need to buy a part to do a repair, I buy two, one to use immediately and the other in case it happens again. It is constantly evolving. items are being added as needed and those not being used are taken out to reduce clutter. I don't think there is a comprehensive 'must have" list anywhere because everyone's needs are going to vary. Consider electrical and mechanical ability also. It does no good to have a tool if you don't know how to use it to fix a problem.

The diamond tread storage box on the rear is a different animal. Air compressor, hose, and air chuck, spare power cord, screw jacks, X-chocks, adapters for all of the power configurations

Very nice but because it is so well organized, it cannot be a"junk" drawer. :B
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
My junk drawer is actually a pull out drawer under one of the dinette seats that I added dividers to. It's not really a "junk" drawer. Everything in it has a use or potential use, tool collection with screwdrivers, pliers, socket set, torque wrench, wire strippers and connectors, plumbing fittings, spare propane regulator, coax strippers and connectors, fudrs, circuit breakers, volt-ohm meter, a few specialty tools, and just about anything that if needed would ruin a camping trip if I didn't have it. If I need to buy a part to do a repair, I buy two, one to use immediately and the other in case it happens again. It is constantly evolving. items are being added as needed and those not being used are taken out to reduce clutter. I don't think there is a comprehensive 'must have" list anywhere because everyone's needs are going to vary. Consider electrical and mechanical ability also. It does no good to have a tool if you don't know how to use it to fix a problem.

The diamond tread storage box on the rear is a different animal. Air compressor, hose, and air chuck, spare power cord, screw jacks, X-chocks, adapters for all of the power configurations

2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
Battery's, Fuses, Level, Tape Measure, Adjustable wrench, Bulbs, Hammer, Screw driver with various bits, electrical adapters, Tape, Change, Cleaning products (black streak remover, awning cleaner, holding tank chemicals), Lighters, fire starters and spare flash lights.

Might be two junk drawers.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Way back in the early 60's, I had a junk drawer in the built in buffet, when we moved to the new house in '75 the junk drawer went too. It is still in a box in the rafters of the garage and yes, I do climb up there and get it out for things you can't buy today.

When we bought the MoHo I started putting things in little spaces for future use, your right I couldn't remember where I had put them when I needed them.

Solution is no junk drawer, several junk Ziploc bags. I have so much storage in the Bounder I have an Emergency/Jerry Rig bag, it contains fuses, a few screws, some crimp fittings and lightbulbs, a storage tub with oil, extra filters, the Onan filter wrench, and one with DIY stuff for future or in progress projects. Of course there is the bag of Velcro, etc.

There is a four way screwdriver that I swore was useless until my brother gave me one and now is readily available and two wrenches one for the TV cabes and one that was my battery disconnect switch before I rewired and added the switch and a solar battery minder.

I am notorious for miss placing and losing keys or driving out to the storage lot without them,so, I mounted a spare cabinet key with a machine screw and wing nut(slathered in anti-sieze) In one of the basement cabinets is a set of keys for the RV, and one each for the two toweds.

Maybe excessive but after losing so many keys and buying so many screws, Velcro strips and light bulbs because the original, it good insurance for my '70 something absentmindedness prone brain.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
And I thought we were the only ones that have a junk drawer!!

Had on in the S&B, now have one in the trailer.

In addition to above, we have a variety of Velcro strips and Command hooks.

Oh yeah..String.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Duct tape (if it moves and it shouldnโ€™t) and WD40 (if it doesnโ€™t move and it should).

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
A Key to your tow truck and in your truck keep a key to your camper.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Duct tape - it fixes everything.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You do realize that after your junk drawer is full, it will never have anything you really need for your current emergency? ๐Ÿ™‚

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
Good place for that Leatherman multi tool you had to have! Also the 4 way screw driver.

Norm
F1BNorm