cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

K&M Resorts

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
I tried doing a search on here with little luck, but I'm not the best at searching forums so I apologize if this has been asked a million times.

We recently bought an RV with lots of help from this forum. The dealer we bought it from gave us a booklet from K&M Resorts which includes 2 nights (she wrote in a 3rd) free at a Washington K&M resort. It also appears to include a membership. I called to reserve the nights we want and it sounds like a timeshare type situation. We have to go to one of the places first to learn about them.

Anyone have experience with them? I googled and found some discouraging info, but maybe if we just don't agree to anything beyond what was included...
26 REPLIES 26

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at a couple of their parks and found them to be nice. The biggest problems with owning a membership seems to be that they over sell their parks and even if they guarantee you a site it will be in overflow with no hookups. If you buy in make sure you get what you think you are buying in writing.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why put yourself and spouse through this...ordeal...for two free nights of camping?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
I just hate driving so far to hear their spiel in order to get the three days...

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with that Co, but most are all the same. Pretty expensive commitment and you are stuck with staying at their resorts. Most of the best sites are taken for usually 2 week max slots so unless you want to do that they are not of much use. But hey, go do the 2 free nights which will require their tour of course and "just say no" when they bring out the legal pad. Then find out how much real camping you can do all over this country staying in State and National Parks for half or a third of private campgrounds, have spacious sites with privacy since they are not for profit, and not make a big financial upfront outlay of cash to a Co. like this one! Travel far and wide and enjoy seeing and discovering new areas.. not the same old place.

EDIT-- After reading all the complaints to the BBB on this Co, RUN-- DO NOT take the 2 day free stay.. It looks like a disaster and a scam ! No one needs that aggravation after laying out big $ in advance.
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

path1
Explorer
Explorer
oyarsa wrote:
This forum really is very helpful. Thanks for the replies.

The reviews I've seen are definitely mixed. I'm mainly trying to decide whether it's worth the drive to Randle (about two hours) to get the opportunity to stay at Ocean Breeze Memorial Day weekend. I'm leaning towards yes with a firm determination to say no to everything.

(Unless they have changed) you do know by giving your name to them, now you can't buy a "used" membership for a certain length of time. They won't do the transfer. Again welcome to 2018
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We had K&M years ago. Could not give it away after they started going public. Members were having rough time getting sites as the company would take people off the street for big dollars per night.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
This forum really is very helpful. Thanks for the replies.

The reviews I've seen are definitely mixed. I'm mainly trying to decide whether it's worth the drive to Randle (about two hours) to get the opportunity to stay at Ocean Breeze Memorial Day weekend. I'm leaning towards yes with a firm determination to say no to everything.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
As mention, the few times I have been in a high pressure situations, I tell them I never decide for at least two days. In one case I stopped the sales fellow and asked what language we were speaking.

To his blank stare, I followed up with " I thought it was English but If you like we can try pig-Latin, it is the only other language I know." He got the point.

I have no problem treating stupidity with sarcasm. Trying to sell me something I do not want is the height of stupidity.

Fortunately, I rarely find myself in those situations.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
oyarsa wrote:
I tried doing a search on here with little luck, but I'm not the best at searching forums so I apologize if this has been asked a million times.

We recently bought an RV with lots of help from this forum. The dealer we bought it from gave us a booklet from K&M Resorts which includes 2 nights (she wrote in a 3rd) free at a Washington K&M resort. It also appears to include a membership. I called to reserve the nights we want and it sounds like a timeshare type situation. We have to go to one of the places first to learn about them.

Anyone have experience with them? I googled and found some discouraging info, but maybe if we just don't agree to anything beyond what was included...

We've been members for many years. Yep, sales pitch coming your way. At same time how are you going to find out about them without seeing them 1st hand? Many people love them many hate them ..We are in the middle, sometimes they come in handy other times not worth missing with. I wouldn't sign up for anything till you are certain that is what you want. Be prepared for "add on's" of other RVing outfits that are attached to your KM membership. When we were working they came in handy during summer to get a spot in some places. Now retired we avoid them during summer and 3 day weekends.

Whatever you do, you have to use them to get your money's worth.
If you are thinking they are offering 3 days to rest and relax on their dime...guess again, Welcome to 2018.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with K&M at all, but do yourself a favor. If their membership prices are not listed on their web site, RUN! They will high pressure you and "probably" for the money they want for membership only, you can do a LOT of independent camping for that.

Trust the reviews you've read.

One comment on the BBB web site ... so true:
"Besides, when you do the math there really isn't the cost savings they try to convince you of."

And another reviewer:
And proceeded to tell us how he could "upgrade" us to a level where we could get what we really needed (what we were told we would get for $335/a year) ... for an $7,995 fee. The good news? Our $2,000 discount could be applied against that, so we ONLY owed $5,995. And our annual fee went down to the $250 range and the restrictions were removed. Doing the math in our heads, we were acutely aware we would save a lot of money by going the KOA and/or state campground route. And they were nicer ...

Yes, I agree with the reviews, for THAT kind of money, you can do a LOT of camping at State, other private, and National Parks and be able to go anywhere in the country!

BBB consumer comments, click here.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have, in the past, tried the two or three nights free. I always go prepared with the statement"We never decide on the spot and will need a couple days to think about it. If the offer is not still available then, then I guess we just lose out."

That has helped us but they do not like it. All the places we ever went had very hard sell and the offer got better the longer we held out.

Good luck and we have no history with K&M so can't comment on them.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
You most likely will have to attend a high pressure sales presentation. Just listen. The more questions you ask, the more pressure. I have stayed at some of their resorts using Resorts of Distinction and found them OK.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog