cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Outback Loft (2 story TT)... What ever happened?

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
The seccond floor popup seams like a great idea. It was discontinued after 2 years? Anyone know why? I think it may have been difficult to unlatch the popup roof?
19 REPLIES 19

wowchad
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from a pop-up with canvas sides I don't understand all the concern with rain. We don't usually camp in the dead heat of summer either so A/C was never a concern...I never even had it installed on the Jayco.
As far as heat, well I've read reviews that you just keep the top down.
If you can't fit everyone without the top being up then I could see how that wouldn't be a viable option for you.
We usually only use ours in the winter while deer hunting so the whole family isn't an issue. I just love the loft idea so much I'm willing to sacrifice some.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at one, and my impression was that is really wasn't useable for us unless the loft was up, so;
1) in the rain????
2) in the heat, added AC load
3) in the winter, added furnace load

given typical western oregon weather it didn't make much sense for us.

But I have to give Keystone and Outback credit for being inovative and giving it a try.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

wowchad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at these again right now actually.
I love the loft idea and can't believe they stopped making them, but I heard people comment that they made a nice RV cheap by adding the pop-up loft...again I've always loved them.
I sure wish I'd have bought a new one when dealers were blowing them out for under $20,000!
Does anyone know how many of these were manufactured in the 2 years of production?
Well for now the search goes on.

tbrowne
Explorer
Explorer
Products that don't sell well don't last. This one probably didn't have many takers and died a quick death.
Terry Browne

Chromag
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that's an awesome idea! Shame they don't make it anymore.

2012 Crossroads Z-1 271BH
2004 Nissan Armada with Blue Ox BXW1500, Prodigy P3