cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Springdale furnace

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
My 2011 Springdale's furnace won't light. It's a Suburban SF-30F. When I turn the thermostat to ON, the furnace blower runs and I can here the clicking as it tries to light but after a few tries the whole furnace shuts off. Where do I start to troubleshoot? Thanks.
Duane
P.S. The propane tanks are full and the valves are open.
11 REPLIES 11

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Told ya furnace was 'starving' for fuel

:B

Empty propane is easier to remedy then tearing into a RV Furnace

THANKS fo posting update!!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'm sure I'm not the first one! Went back to camp to bleed LP lines and check the sail switch. I fired up the stove burners and they lit for about 15 seconds, then went out. Went out to check the tank valves and both tanks are empty. I guess that's what I get when I let somebody use the trailer in November during deer season. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
Duane

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
archie18 wrote:
My Passport TT had same problem, found switch at back of furnace which I turned off and on and that fixed it. switch is very hard to see but was accessible once I removed panel under under frig

That switch is a Circuit Breaker/On-Off combo switch
When Off/Tripped-----NO DC to furnace for ANY functions

OP has DC otherwise fan and igniter wouldn't be working

archie18
Explorer
Explorer
My Passport TT had same problem, found switch at back of furnace which I turned off and on and that fixed it. switch is very hard to see but was accessible once I removed panel under under frig
Robert and Nancy
2013 Keystone Passport 2300bh/2014 Ford F150
http://wanderingwoolfolks.blogspot.com

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Does the stove have a normal flame?

If not, or questionable, turn off the gas bottle. Turn on the stove to release gas pressure and turn off. Now very slooolllyyy open the gas bottle valve. Get the stove to light. Now try the furnace again.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
If it does not fire after several times of turning the furnace off then back on there are two likely problems. Since you are hearing spark I don't think it is the sail switch. Smell the furnace exhaust as it tries to light - strong gas smell would indicate the spark electrode is worn or out of position. Weak or no odor would indicate a plugged burner orifice.

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I agree sounds like the propane has not reached the furnace yet.My refrigerator does the same thing after the camper has sat awhile (I keep the propane off until we are getting ready to go on a trip)

I just light a stove burner for about a minute to solve the problem.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like the gas has not reached the furnace yet.

This would happen in my truck camper from time to time. I would leave the thermostat on and take a ride to fuel up the truck, by the time I got to the gas station, the furnace would be running. I think when the truck went bump-b-bump down the road it help move the gas along. Kinda like the human body .

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stuck sail switch furnace would NOT fire (click), try several attempts and then shut down

Furnace is 'starving' for fuel........IE: Propane just hasn't flowed to furnace YET

LP System needs a demand placed on it so regulator can be placed into service and establish flow

Try furnace thru several lighting cycles. Light off stove top burners to establish demand/flow

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. That definitely looks and sounds like that could be the problem. My furnace doesn't have a door on the outside so I will have to disconnect everything and take it out from the inside. Outside door would have made it a lot easier. Happy Easter.
Duane

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a stuck "sail switch."
This might help.......Suburban sail switch video...LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro