cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keystone Springdale

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
I know that if anyone one has been following my posts lately, I am all over the board... I have also begun to consider the Keystone Springdale.

Two things that I like, 1.) Alum siding means no delam (tho imo alum siding is not as nice looking) 2.) Priced much cheaper and have some features I don't see in some higher brands I'm looking at (duced/heated underbelly).

Anyway, what are peoples thoughts on the Springdale? Any compliants/praise?

Chris
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP
8 REPLIES 8

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 08 Springdale 26RLSS and love it. We have not had any problems with it at all. We looked for well over a year and many brands and settled on the 26 for the floorplan that fits our needs.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've owned some of the high rollers and the Keystone Springdale is as trouble free as any RV i have ever owned..In over 5 years I think one screw coming out is all I have had to deal with.

It's been bullet proof to my surprise and most of my hauling is on back country gravel roads.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

jeddar
Explorer
Explorer
On my 3rd year with my Springdale RKSSR. 1 bedroom, nice spacious living area. Have not had any problems and love the TT. I made some cosmetic changes like removing the clothes poles in the wardrobe cabinets and put in shelves. Added a decorative panel over the mini blinds in the bedroom to hide the gear mechanisms. Added magnetic catches on the trap doors to access the hot water and power cord instead of the screws. Replaced the power inlet hatch with a Detachable Power Conversion Kit 30 Amp. Trailer tows nice, sets up easily.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Springdale 293RKSSR
Camp with partner and Greyhound

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Springdale before full-timing and loved it. When we got off the road we looked for a used one with the floor plan we wanted and just couldn't find it so bought a Hideout. We had no problems with the Springdale. It is entry level so you don't expect fancy cabinetry, dual pane windows, etc. I would recommend it highly. You can always join Keystone forums and get a lot more feedback. http://www.keystonerv.org/
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know if you are planning on buying new or used either. Ours was a 2005 I believe, and we bought it used. Main thing is floorplan. Get what you like best and works for you.

I am sure you will find a lot of happy springdale owners on this forum. You can also join the Keystone forum and get feedback there.

Please don't let our bad experience make you not purchase one if you love the floorplan and the price is right. If you are buying new, you will also have a warranty if anything goes aray.

Keep your options open and check out some of the trailers people here are happy with. Best of luck with your decision.
C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 31 Foot Keystone Springdale from 2006 to 2013 (8 years) and had no issue with it after a couple initial warranty items were taken care of and I fixed a couple bugs myself. We traveled a lot and it brought us a lot of fun and joy. I have nothing negative to say about Keystone or it's products. We've now had 3 Thor Industries trailers and have been very pleased with all 3. Why did we trade? Answer: Our needs changed over time, as did the way we camp as we got older over the years. As far as Keystone goes, no issues.

The only on-going problem we had with our Springdale, was, one kitchen cabinet drawer kept coming off the track. I finally rebuilt the entire structure that held the track and never had a problem again.

It towed nice, and was basically a trouble free camper. I did do a considerable amount of preventative maintenance on it, and the brakes quit working once. Found out one of the wires leading to the brakes rubbed and was shorting out. Got it fixed and never an issue again.

The 7th year we had the camper, Hail busted out both vent covers and the bathroom skylight. But that was not the camper's fault or Keystone. Maybe age and the elements helped deteriorate the plastic in the skylight and vent? (Maybe)? When we had the covers replaced, we also had the bathroom vent fan replaced. It started acting up, running one time and then not at all another time.

Appliances never failed, ever. Loved our Springdale. It was our baby.

The reason we sold it after 8 years was because the floor plan just did not work for us any more. It did not have any slides and the bathroom door was directly opposite the outside door. Men will understand what I mean, when I say, there was no "knee" room when sitting on the "royal throne". So the bathroom door had to always be open to use it comfortably. Since it was just the wife and I, that was no problem, but still, the open door was always in the way. After 8 years, the graphics started to flake. But that was not so much a factor in trading as the dissatisfaction with the floor plan.

When we traded, after 8 years I think she looked pretty good. She sat on the dealer lot for about 4 months and then disappeared. Traded in September, so someone got a good deal around January this year on her.

The day we traded her in:

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
We had a Sprindale 5r,.... For about 3 months and just as many trips. No insult to any Springdale owners intended, but it is bottom of the barrel for Keystone. And Keystone isn't the highest quality to begin with. ( yes we had a Sprigdale, a nice step up to a Cougar, and now the Everest ) The windows and insulation, as well as the craftsmanship were pretty sub par in our opinion. It was a bucking bronco going down the road too. I think there are many other options you will be much happier with. Sorry if I insulted anyone. Maybe ours was an exception and they might be better in a TT.
C

Thanks for sharing this. I guess I am so paranoid from my crappy experiences with my Class A that I scrutinize every minute detail. It is very difficult to find something that is a good balance between quality and price.

If anyone has any recommendations, below is my criteria:
1.) length between 24 - 26 feet
2.) composite fiberglass (adzel) or aluminum siding
3.) heated underbelly/pluming would be nice
4.) bunk house preferred or I am ok with three separate areas to sleep as well (sofa dinette and queen bed).
5.) Main bed needs to be at least a queen (I'm 6'3'')

thanks
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Sprindale 5r,.... For about 3 months and just as many trips. No insult to any Springdale owners intended, but it is bottom of the barrel for Keystone. And Keystone isn't the highest quality to begin with. ( yes we had a Sprigdale, a nice step up to a Cougar, and now the Everest ) The windows and insulation, as well as the craftsmanship were pretty sub par in our opinion. It was a bucking bronco going down the road too. I think there are many other options you will be much happier with. Sorry if I insulted anyone. Maybe ours was an exception and they might be better in a TT.
C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us