cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Springdale

spud1960
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about trading in our 2003 Jayco Kiwi in on 2013 Keystone Springdale!
Does anyone own one and could you tell me the good and the bad?
18 REPLIES 18

rcosta
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 Springdale and have been very happy with it. It was owned first by a railroad company, so I assume it was not cared for like a family might, but still, I have had major issues. I am having a problem with the slideout right not, but honestly, I would expect some issues here and there. It is the only tt we have owned so we don't really have a comparison.
Good luck.
Rich and Jen
4 Children (16, 13, 10 and 6)
2009 Keystone Springdale pulled by 2000 Ford Excursion (V 10)

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
I loved my 2007 rear kitchen Springdale. A huge 14' slide-out and a great floor plan. Had no issues ever. Sold it a few months ago for about $1500.00 over blue Book value.
I would buy another one.

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't have a Springdale, but do have a Sprinter. It is 7 years old and we have not had a problem with it except for one of the shades being crooked and the dealer replaced that immediately. It went through 6 years in northern Wisconsin and last year we were in the high country of Colorado. All kinds of weather and temperatures and not a problem. You can get a bad one of any brand, so go with what you like and what you can afford without being in debt for 10 years. We take good care of our trailer and probably will be in it for a few more years.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

SUKISHORT
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Springdale, and love it. Many miles, Mts. to beach, and still going great.

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Landry wrote:
Save yourself some headaches. Do not put a lot of faith(if any) in Keystones Arctic Package, Polar Package, or whatever cold weather capabilities that Keystone promote in their brochures. A search will reveal several threads on that subject and what many of us have found as to what it contains(or doesn't) and does not do. Keystones, even the high end models, are not four season trailers and you need to take the appropriate cold weather precautions.

That is common sense... but seeing that i had my unit built and saw what was put in it... i can vouch what is contained within... needless to say. i wouldn't be hauling this thing thru the tundra and setting up camp...

There are only three things that i put my faith into.... my Family, my springfield, and my dog.
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
Save yourself some headaches. Do not put a lot of faith(if any) in Keystones Arctic Package, Polar Package, or whatever cold weather capabilities that Keystone promote in their brochures. A search will reveal several threads on that subject and what many of us have found as to what it contains(or doesn't) and does not do. Keystones, even the high end models, are not four season trailers and you need to take the appropriate cold weather precautions.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
I love my 2014 294BHSSRWE. BoB Landry said it best... Keystones don't have any more issues than anyone else... Find the floor plan you like.. tell the dealer that you won't sign the paperwork until you have don YOUR PDI. You don't care about theirs..

Ive had mine out 1500 miles since august. Been out a lot. i ove the arctic package. We were in Paso Robles this past weekend. was in the low 30's. my furnace hardly ran...

I have had Skyline and Heartland products... I like my keystone better thus far.
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
I don't thin the Keystones have any more issues than anyone else. Their product is OK, their Customer Service is another issue, but I'm beginning to think that's an industry standard.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

cacoon
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2013 Springdale 281 bhs, Love the big slide out and the interior. Lots of extras that were standard. With that said the overall quality is no where near my 2011 Jayco 28 bhs. I have had no major problems, but many little fixer up type things. I have had two cabinet doors that continue to fall off and all the drawers will not stay shut when moving even if nothing in them. I do like the trailer but I will buy another Jayco if I buy again.
Cacoon

3940wez12
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 26 ft Springdale and really like it. It could use more storage space, but I guess you never get enough of that in an RV. No problems and no complaints.
2011 Keystone Springdale
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I must have purchased the lemon. I'm glad that others have had good experiences with their Keystone. Mine started from day one. It spent the first nine weeks in the shop for very serious build issues. Then, it's been failure after failure.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Our Springdale has been a great value. Bought new in 2005.
A few minor issues but that goes with any RV.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2006 Keystone Springdale and traded just this last fall. After a few items the first year were resolved, it was a VERY good trailer. No issues at all after the original "bugs" got worked out. Had it for 8 years. Reason we traded, the floor plan no longer worked for us. But we also traded for another Thor Industries camper: Keystone Outback.

Click on my profile link (to the left).

spud1960
Explorer
Explorer
Andymon,the one we are looking at is the 267! I know you will find people that have had a problem with every make and model out there,my son said he would never buy another Heartland product because he has had nothing but trouble with his but a friend of ours love theirs.