cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lance generator

fleecerdog
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, my Lance 1020 has a compartment at the rear right plumbed and wired for a generator. The door faces the rear ... I think it was for a Generac 36LP ... anyone with any experience in placing an aftermarket unit in this type of rig? I have a Penguin 13500 air conditioner that is original equipment that I want to use often.
I have an idea to try to find a portable 3000w unit, strip its covers, fuel tank, and some of the framework as needed and try to adapt ... anyone with experience or ideas on that?
Thanks for reading...
5 REPLIES 5

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do have factory installed Onan and would gladly sell it if someone would offer me good price for it.
We don't use AC where we camp and one time when I new I will need AC, I took my Honda 3000EU.
Onan are gas guzzlers and noisy to pair.
Than for battery charging and coffee maker I have $89 small gasoline generator.
Filling up propane is a hassle, while gasoline is everywhere.

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
fleecerdog wrote:
Thanks Folks ... The A/C unit was bad anyway, so I went with a Coleman Mach8 9200 and found a brand new Onan 2500LP on Clist ... the combo works perfect and I can even run the micro along with the A/C

Good score finding the Onan on CL. Bet they don't come up too often.
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X

fleecerdog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Folks ... The A/C unit was bad anyway, so I went with a Coleman Mach8 9200 and found a brand new Onan 2500LP on Clist ... the combo works perfect and I can even run the micro along with the A/C

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
exhaust is going to be a problem. A lot of fabrication would be needed.
Bob

arto_wa
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like there would be at least lot of noise and vibration generated.

For sure it can be done, but maybe not such a good idea?
99 F350 4x4 CC DRW 7.3L PSD, 97 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
(11,900#)

89 Duckworth 17' Pro 302