cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance Trailers

cdubyac
Explorer
Explorer
Went to look at pop ups today and noticed the Lance trailers.
Liked the 2285 and2185 floor plans. Anyone have one? Looking through them, the quality looked good, fit and finish was great. What kind of prices are being paid? Goods/bads?

TIA
11 REPLIES 11

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Lance 1685. Perfect for us. It is lower than the Nash or Artic Fox, but it's also light enough for us to tow cross country with a 6 cyl Toyota 4 Runner.

After 10,000 miles+ we've had a warranty covered slideout issue (rollers tear bottom slideout cover - easy fix at dealer or at home - or so we're told). We also replaced the hot water heater check valves with metal ones before the plastic ones from the factory cracked. As said above the Lance Owners Association is a wealth of information.

Ours is the 4 season (weathering several 24 degree nights in our 2 month spring trip west), and roomy enough for us to live for 2-3 months at a time.

Do your shopping, every trailer is a compromise, figure out what you need and have FUN!!!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I loved them until I saw their prices - yowser! I assume you get what you pay for, but I don't like them well enough to pay that much for one.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty good trailer, not quite up to the quality of Northwood, I compared both, but better than most. At least they do not use a Lippert Frame. I do not like front windows on any RV, They are asking for trouble. Their low profile is an advantage to some. Also I am a member of the Lance owners, although I do not own one and from what I can see their customer service is better than most.

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought our 2285 in March of this year and have been very happy with it. Like Rob's 2185, it has 2 doors so getting into the bathroom with the slide in is no problem. The large front window lets us lay in the bed and stargaze. Very nice.
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

ycswat
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2185. You can access bathroom on this model with slide in, it has two doors. It is low to the ground, which has never created a problem for us. Great quality but like any other trailer they are not perfect but I like it enough to recommend it. It is expensive but we have not regretted paying for it.

Rob

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also looked at Lance before purchasing our current TT (see sig). Our turnoffs were no access to the bathroom when the slideout was in travel mode, and the price, which was almost twice what we paid for our TT (granted, ours was 2 model years old, though never used). We were disappointed in some of the fit & finish on the Lance we saw; we had expected high quality but it had definite issues, just like a lot of other brands.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at them before buying our Rockwood. Thought they were well built adequate floor plans, but what turned us off was the "big" window up front. Thought there was to much possibility of a damaged window, water leakage and the heat transfer into the TT would be excessive IMHO.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I have read a lot of Lance camper and trailer reviews. Owners either love them or hate them so much they say they would never buy another Lance. No different than any other RV as far as people liking or disliking.

Do a google search for Lance reviews.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search for Lance Owners of America (LOA) which is a very active forum of Lance owners and prospective owners.

Lance Owners of America
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
cdubyac wrote:
Went to look at pop ups today and noticed the Lance trailers.
Liked the 2285 and2185 floor plans. Anyone have one? Looking through them, the quality looked good, fit and finish was great. What kind of prices are being paid? Goods/bads?

TIA

You won't go wrong with a Lance trailer. Good quality and built for RVers. The biggest problem you will have is finding a used one! RVers like them to much and/or just trade in for newer bigger Lance's.

Dirtpig
Explorer
Explorer
I had a look at them, they are very nice and seem like good quality. Biggest thing is that they were so low to the ground, not something you would want to take off pavement. I think they are gearing these trailers towards people with med/large suv's and trying to keep the wind resistance down.
2015 Nash 25C bumper pull /w 300watts solar my install
My Truck & RV youtube channel
2005 F-350 Diesel 4x4 CC SB SRW
2001 Honda XR400: many mods
12ft Lund WC boat & 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke on custom loader.