cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Layton Trailers no longer made?

astro-hilo
Explorer
Explorer
I called the company and was told that the RV division was sold to a company called Evergreen that has closed. Anybody confirm?
6 REPLIES 6

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Our first TT was a '94 Aljo 18.5 Deluxe at 21~ft. For a little guy, it was a very nice TT. Sad that Skyline has stopped production.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Nosedive
Explorer
Explorer
Sad to hear!! Our first travel trailer was a Skyline and I am still comparing the excellent quality of how our Skyline was made vs our new Coachmen. The only reason we didn't get another one is we couldn't find a floor plan from them that we liked.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the world of "orphans". Not really a problem at all,everything is fixable and replaceable...except maybe the complete outside body panels. But don't wreck it, and you will be fine for many years to come.

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
I confirmed this with a skyline rep at the Hershey rv show the other week. Skyline had a few "tiny houses" there on display that were pretty neat. But alas no more Laytons (skyline) unfortunately. ๐Ÿ˜ž It's ashame. My trailer is in good shape for its age as was the Boomer I had before the Layton
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly this is true! My husband and I bought a 2016 Layton Javelin last Sept. Our dealer called us to let us know that they (Evergreen) will no longer service our warranty. At this point, we had the tt 9 months. Our dealer is working with us to fix the little things though. I'm highly disappointed with them going out of business. Skyline has been my favorite.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2016/06/evergreen-officials-we-suspended-operations/
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind