cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Les Schwab Matrix STR

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
Are any of you familiar with the Les Schwab matrix STR tire. I need to replace all four tires on my travel trailer and was looking for feedback positive or negative. Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Back when the old man was around, Les Schwab had good prices, good service, good value for the $$ and a good range of tires. And an exclusive with Toyo, which meant that other dealers had to "special order" Toyo tires if you wanted them from areas Les wasn't serving. Even at that time the same Toyo tire was noticeably less expensive with a better warranty at Discount tire.

About 15 years ago I switched from Les to Discount, glad I did, better prices, better tires, better service, better warranty.

A neighbor tried Les trailer tires... didn't go well....
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Not familiar with those particular tires but they look comparable to any low/mid grade typical trailer tire. Because they are.
I am very familiar with Les Schwab though, and unless theyโ€™re different down there, they have transformed into the biggest overcharging ripoff tire store chain around. (Unless Firestone service centers hasnโ€™t given up that title yetโ€ฆ.lol)
Yes whatever you buy from them at an extremely overinflated price will be covered by their tire warranty no problem, but thatโ€™s where the good part of that business ends. Only a fool would use Les Schwabs anymore.
And not only do they charge ridiculous amounts and have ridiculous rules about what/how they will repair or replace other components they work on, like brakes, but they basically only sell Chinesuim tires now, for more money than the brand name top quality tires.

Before the old guy was put in the ground his kids changed the whole company.......and not for the better. It's exactly like you stated down in Kalifornia.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Les Schwab has their products made in China to their specs. Not necessarily the same as a "china bomb" but I wouldn't put them on my trailer. Comparing Les Schwab prices to another store for same product, you will typically find lower prices elsewhere. I would suggest a more mainstream tire.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Not familiar with those particular tires but they look comparable to any low/mid grade typical trailer tire. Because they are.
I am very familiar with Les Schwab though, and unless theyโ€™re different down there, they have transformed into the biggest overcharging ripoff tire store chain around. (Unless Firestone service centers hasnโ€™t given up that title yetโ€ฆ.lol)
Yes whatever you buy from them at an extremely overinflated price will be covered by their tire warranty no problem, but thatโ€™s where the good part of that business ends. Only a fool would use Les Schwabs anymore.
And not only do they charge ridiculous amounts and have ridiculous rules about what/how they will repair or replace other components they work on, like brakes, but they basically only sell Chinesuim tires now, for more money than the brand name top quality tires.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold