cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Locking/securing my popup?

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be storing my popup for a few months outside and want to be able to lock the roof to the body. What are some good ways people have done this? I have a 2008 Fleetwood Westlake.
Thanks,
Dave
www.photographersnature.com
2006 Jeep Wrangler Umilimited, 2008 Fleetwood Westlake
3 REPLIES 3

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Roy.
Thanks,
Dave
www.photographersnature.com
2006 Jeep Wrangler Umilimited, 2008 Fleetwood Westlake

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP has these adjustable lasps in the four corners of the roof top. When I lower the roof and get all of tarp material tucked inside all the way around then I can latch each corner down...

I usually just have a D-LINK in three of the latches and in the fourth one I have a regular PADLOCK in the lasp.

I thought these adjustable lasp catches were pretty much standard among the various POPUP manufacturers...

when my top is all the way down and the latches are set then the top roof lip goes over the top of entrance half door keeping it from being opened. My half door also has the standard key lock.

ALL PHOTOS from GOOGLE SEARCH IMAGES

Of course when the POPUP ROOF is up and all the window flaps are in place the trailer is very prone to entry. The door lock is one of those same key locks all the trailers use and with the window flaps on that are closed tight with VELCRO STRIPS you can just simply reach in the side of the door where the VELCRO is and open the door from the inside door handle. I do this all the time when I am carrying in things and have my arms full. It's easier for me to open the door this way then trying to get the keys out of pockets haha...

I would be more worried about my batteries that are keep on the trailer tongue and the two propane tanks.

I do have a long shank PADLOCK on my propane tank twist lock like shown in this google image

I never store my trailer anywhere except at home but if I did I would not leave my batteries unattended. My batteries are mounted across the trailer tongue area between the propane tanks and my front deck using the standard plastic battery boxes.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't do any good. Anyone with a can opener can bypass any locks.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE