cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for opinions on R-Pod and NoBo's

LONO100
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I am a complete noob to travel trailers but I am thinking about getting a small TT for taking my small but growing family through California. My wife and I have been avid and experienced Overlanders. We have spent many years going deep into the Sierra Mountains, Redwoods and pretty much anywhere there is a dirt path in our truck and wrangler, but now with our toddler and my mother in law getting into the great outdoors, I am looking for something I can park up and camp out of in campgrounds with amenities. Basically, something a little more forgiving for a toddler and a retired woman than sleeping on the ground in the middle of the woods.

The two TT's that have caught my eye are the R-Pod RP-182G, and the No Boundaries NB19.7. They both look like they would be perfect for us, but what I need help on is getting some info and opinions on their build quality and brand reputation. I would be towing with either my pick up truck, or my 2017 ford explorer, my truck rated to tow at 5300 lbs, and my explorer at 5000 lbs. I have been pulling my fishing boat with them with no problem for years, and my boat loaded with fuel and gear comes in at 4500 lbs (estimated). Any info, opinions, on these two models, or just travel trailers in general would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.
16 REPLIES 16

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Might want to look for info over here http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/ might get a better audience in at least the R-Pod section
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Picture a rainy day camping. Will the trailer have enough interior room for everyone to be comfortable?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE