cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love at first sight

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
For months now I have looked online at TTs. We finally found the time to shop over the weekend. The first one we found we liked alot. It was a 2008 and we could not find one thing wrong with it and it met all of our wants/needs. We shot them a low number and asked the sales person to let us know. And then onto the next TT. We traveled 2 hours to the next one because the salesman rated 'it was a 9 out of 10'. We were very dissappointed. First impressions - the 2008 TT was beat up, and the decals were faded and pealing. Went inside, one of the blinds looked like it had a vomit stain on it. The salesman said the stain was probably from the window being open. The window cranked out. (1st lie) Then the salesman plopped his ass down on the couch and perceeded to talk to me as I further inspected the TT. He said that he wanted to be up front and told us about the prep fees, admin fees ect ect that would be an additional $300.00. I asked why there was no power to check the lights, he said that they don't keep the batteries with the TTs as they get stolen. (2nd lie you will find out shortly) I finally got him off the couch by asking him for a ladder to inspect the roof. When he left to go get it, I inspected the couch and windows. My hubby was outside looking at the under carriage and got my attention. Someone cut access panels under each of the drains (Kitchen and Bath). When the salesman came back, he sat on the hitch to talk to us. Low and behold, what was behind him? A battery that was not hooked up. I did not address that issue with the battery. But we thanked him for his time and did not want to inspect the TT any further. He asked us to make a offer and my hubby laughed and basically said that he did not want to embarrass the salesman. We parted ways. We weren't too upset about wasting all the time and gas to go look at that TT because we had quality family time with our two 18 yr old sons.

Is there such a thing as love at first sight? Is it common to find that perfect TT right away?
13 REPLIES 13

sunofabeach
Explorer
Explorer
it is definitely possible.

my wife and i were looking for a trailer and we were at the local RV show. after walking into the Kodiak 276BHSL, we both loved it the instant we saw it. nice colors, nice layout, lots of counter space.

just keep looking. i'm sure you'll find one that will make your jaw drop (in a good way).

spike99
Explorer
Explorer

When my wife walked into our current Jayco 29FBS, I know under 15 seconds that "she" wanted it. And long story short, we bought it. For her, it was love at 1st site - after 6 months of searching. For my wife, it was the floor plan (open floor plan) and the split bathroom of the FBS layout.

If that "instant love" feeling hasn't hit one yet, then keep looking. And, be willing to turn over more rocks. LOL!

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
It was love at first sight for my DW, my feeling was "mmm, this'll work. It was in the price range and looked sturdy. After a year and 6,000 miles. The feelings are still the same. It's one of the Nash brands on the old Mallard floor plan.
Adventure before dementia

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
VERY possible. It's just that what makes your heart palpitate may change with your season of life. Our last two TTs were love at first site. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I know exactly where the perfect '07 ROO 23SS in immaculate condition is located....our yard waiting on a new loving family to take it home. We moved to the darkside and our ROO needs someone to care for it.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

SGardiner
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at dozens, but actually found to model / floorplan we wanted by watching walk through videos on YouTube. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for us.

I shopped around the price a little. The best quote was from the local dealer.

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
Well... I bought a TT! Yea! It was love at first sight. We set it up last night and are looking forward to this weekend. When the kids seen it (18 & 20 yr olds) they mentioned that there was only one bed - we said 'yep that's all we need' - meaning their dad and I - the kids didn't see the humor. hahaha
We bought a 2008 Forest River Sandpiper 291RL. This was the first one we looked at, none of the other ones could even compare. The TT fits all of our wants/needs.
All the countless classifieds, online searches, and forums has paid off. I just hope that the saying about 'the best day is the day you buy and the day you sell' is not so true. I am really looking forward to a bunch of best days in between.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yes it is possible. When I saw the floorplan and price on a make/model I liked I made a deal and had them build one in the colors my wife wanted. Turned out to be a great decision. We have had it going on 8 years now and have loved it.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it's possible!

I immediately loved the layout of the Lance. However my main concern was how it was built and not the floor plan.

If the trailer wasn't built correctly, I wouldn't have looked at it.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at a lot of used trailers, all were filthy and in need of repair so we looked at new. We found one we just loved, set up for two with a walk around queen bed yet light and small enough for our travels in the back country.
By the time we decided to get it, the two the lot had were sold. We ended up taking the next size up that we had dismissed because it was larger and had bunks.
On that first trip Honey was ticked off. Didn't want that big of a trailer, we didn't need those bunks and on and on. Well we had a number of rain days and things began to change. The first trailer didn't have a couch and sitting at the dinette got old fast. The bigger trailer also had a bigger bathroom that I could use with the door closed and those bunks, well they are wonderful for putting fishing poles, coats, camera bags, extra food and even the coolers. If needed we can put a gate on the lower and put the dogs in there while we set up or pack.
So yes, we had love at first site but it was misplaced. While the first model was the most popular of the line up and the dealer didn't need to negotiate, we were able to offer $1500 less on the larger rig and in practice it suits our needs much better.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

certified106
Explorer
Explorer
We look all the time at campers just for the fun of it.... Well the last time I had my camper at the dealership for some maintenance we walked through our current 28BHS and immediately knew we wanted it.
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
Hypertech Tuner Running Stage 2
2013 Jayco 28BHS

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
In February, we had a few hours to kill between appointments and went to the local (1 1/2 hrs away) dealership. We didn't find much that we liked and the salesman said that their new stock would be in by the end of February and we should come back then.

As we were leaving, a couple came in and were speaking with another salesman. Our salesman said "You might want to come back and look at theirs. They are trading their stuff out today for a new Cougar 5th wheel." OK, well, that's another trip. I just asked if we could go ahead and look at it. The owner agreed, but did say that their stuff was still all over it.

I LOVED IT! It was perfect for us. They had not priced it, but I gave them a low price. We went on our way since we had to get to another activity. We waited until the new models arrived and went back to look at them. We found nothing that we liked or could afford.

I again made the same offer on the 2009 model and it was accepted.

THEN, I had to sale my old TT, which I did on Craigslist.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we did on two occasions. Patience. That's the key. Keep looking.
Gary in Western NC