cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Pictures of RAM Air Ride Suspension

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few more pictures of my Suspension system on the 2015 RAM Laramie I just bought.

I just got the truck back from Ziebart early this morning, I had it under coated and rust proofed.

Sorry but these are about as good as it's going to get until it warms up a little more here and I can try and get decent shots. I tried to get pictures showing more of the suspension from the axle and forward of it.

If you closely in this first shot you can see the controller linkage for controlling the truck's level.

Dan

28 REPLIES 28

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Mad Norsky wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
My Son picked up his Limited 3500 LB SRW Aisin today.

He said the cargo camera views upside down. :S

Did he get one of those Australian export trucks by mistake??????

:B

HA No doubt!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Did he get one of those Australian export trucks by mistake??????

:B
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dapperdan wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I am guessing his truck is around 8,300#+

Good guess Cummins, but I'm sure it's heavier. The '06 we just traded, with all of our "stuff" in/on it weighed in around 8,600 (with both fuel tanks full) according to the CAT scale. Once I get my tool box and transfer tank in I'm going to run it over the CAT scale again.

Hey, is it new truck time yet???????

Dan

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Nice try Ron but it will be close to 9k if IRC for the dually. My 06 is 8.5K with us in it ready to roll. ( Me 200, Her ??? 150? dog 80)
Congrats on the new jewel OP. 2015 is the year of the Goat, Sheep or Ram...

Funny link

First time I weighed my truck on CAT scale, I was the only one in it with a full tank of DEF, a full tank of fuel, tool box in the back (total weight, approx. 100#), and the picture frame adapter with the Reese 20K hitch in the back, scaled at 9140#, (I weighed approx. 170#).
This is based on a 2013 Ram3500 DRW crew cab/long bed/4X4 in Longhorn Trim. Deduct from that weight whatever you want..(truck does have the OEM spray in bed liner ..
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Undercoating doesn't hurt the rubber bags does it?I wonder how long they will last?I bet it rides like a baby buggy smooth.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
That looks a lot like what I did to my 03 when I first got it. It already had the FS bags and I cut the bottom overloads off. I see Dodge left the entire bottom OL off. I wasn't quite that daring so I left about 3" sticking out, fore and aft. Mine rides better that the 1/2T I used to have. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Good guess Cummins, but I'm sure it's heavier. The '06 we just traded, with all of our "stuff" in/on it weighed in around 8,600 (with both fuel tanks full) according to the CAT scale. Once I get my tool box and transfer tank in I'm going to run it over the CAT scale again.

Hey, is it new truck time yet???????

Dan

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
johntank wrote:
dapperdan wrote:
mayo30 wrote:
Review your pictures you may want to talk to the under coat guys.They missed some pretty obvious areas.I would not be happy,and wonder what else they missed.

They did indeed miss areas of the under side. When I went to pick it up they told me they had problems with their lift. Lifting cars and half tons, no problem but he said that for some reason they weren't able to lift my truck high enough to set the safety stops so the tech only did what he could without getting completely under my truck. They "thought" it being so cold and their hoist being an "in-ground"system possibly the cold temps were affecting the lift's ability. I have to go back in a couple of weeks to have it finished, hopefully the arctic blast will subside and it will warm up around here.

Dan

I hope they have a lift that is rated at 10,000#, as most lifts that I have seen in shops are around 6/7,000#. Your truck will be pushing close to 8,000#.

I was told they can lift a one ton dually but due to sub zero weather and the fact that their lift sits underground they couldn't lift it that day. It doesn't matter that much to me, I go back in a couple of weeks and have them finish the job. I wish I didn't have to but that's life. Besides I don't need an excuse to drive this awesome truck! :B

Dan

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Nice try Ron but it will be close to 9k if IRC for the dually. My 06 is 8.5K with us in it ready to roll. ( Me 200, Her ??? 150? dog 80)

Funny link

My trucks weight per factory is 8,020. I know that is not accurate for sure. Yea I probably did underestimate!

That's cool 15 year of the GOAT!

I think my birth year was the COCK.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Funny link
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
Those air bags look to be a larger diameter than the regular Firestone RideRites you can buy for all the pickups. Has anyone compared the size of the new bags on the Ram Trucks to the aftermarket ones?
2016 Chevrolet/Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab B&W RVK 3700 5th Wheel Hitch
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
dapperdan wrote:
mayo30 wrote:
Review your pictures you may want to talk to the under coat guys.They missed some pretty obvious areas.I would not be happy,and wonder what else they missed.

They did indeed miss areas of the under side. When I went to pick it up they told me they had problems with their lift. Lifting cars and half tons, no problem but he said that for some reason they weren't able to lift my truck high enough to set the safety stops so the tech only did what he could without getting completely under my truck. They "thought" it being so cold and their hoist being an "in-ground"system possibly the cold temps were affecting the lift's ability. I have to go back in a couple of weeks to have it finished, hopefully the arctic blast will subside and it will warm up around here.

Dan

I hope they have a lift that is rated at 10,000#, as most lifts that I have seen in shops are around 6/7,000#. Your truck will be pushing close to 8,000#.

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
I got to ask, where is the air compressor for this, and how is it driven? Is it electric or an engine driven accessory.

Not sure how it works at the point, I haven't had much time to check it out. I'll try to figure that out and let you guys know.....

Dan