cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MotorTrend F150 Lightning Tow Test

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I will be a late adopter to this technology.

MotorTrend
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010
96 REPLIES 96

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
shelbyfv wrote:
Well heck, you guys have convinced me with your novel and well informed arguments. Obviously it's a hoax. All the pointy heads agree only because they are colluding to ruin our economy and reduce our sperm count! Before my epiphany I figured agreement was because they had the right answer. Sure is a lot less worrisome now that I am back on track. All that "science" was taxing my little pea brain.:h

Science is important if it's unbiased. There's a lot of science that tells us the materials for producing batteries for EV's is not only ecologically damaging but caustic as well. And what's the 'not so long term' plan to handle all these caustic batteries when they die? Is it a hoax that conventional methods for generating energy like coal are still being used in the manufacture and charging of EV's? You think the equipment to mine all these materials are electric drills and bulldozers, loaders, ships? It's no hoax but the facts have been beaten into submission to promote an agenda. There's a finite amount of resources required to make EV's. They are looking to mine the sea floor for newer deposits which have unforeseen impacts to ecosystems we know little about. EV's are already pointing the gun to ruin parts of the earth we haven't yet ruined. In the end EV's, cradle to grave, are no more green than modern ICE's. Just trading one set of issues for another. It's exciting and new and that generates money and votes. But to say you're saving the planet by buying an EV is ignoring science and facts. EV's aren't an answer to the problem. They are just another product that mimics the pillage of the earth just like ICE's and thousand other products. And they won't rescue us from global warming. They're making a few folks rich though and getting votes for others.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
8.1 Van wrote:
One of the most severe concerns for oil patch workers, contractors and consultants is the risk of facing fires and explosions. There are about 100 oil rig fires every year in the U.S. or about one every three days.

Possible Explosion Causes Injuries at Texas Oil Refinery

WTF does posting this type of BS have to do with anything? Do you ever post anything other than pictures and links? Why not go back to your Musk worshiping thread and post this foolishness there?
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
One of the most severe concerns for oil patch workers, contractors and consultants is the risk of facing fires and explosions. There are about 100 oil rig fires every year in the U.S. or about one every three days.

Possible Explosion Causes Injuries at Texas Oil Refinery

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
FishOnOne wrote:
Reisender wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

Thatโ€™s the Escondida copper mine in northern Chile. No lithium there. I makes for a great story though.

No but it sure could tell a story for the future.

Who knows. But copper mines are not going away even if people donโ€™t like the looks of them. Society uses a LOT of copper. We have a bunch of mines in our province and there is more coming.

Jmho.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
wow, what I realy want to know is not the range it can tow at capacity but how far can it go with 2000lbs in the box. might be a nice setup for a small camper.

a buddy of mine finaly got his last month and absolutly loves it. I'll admidt its kinda neat, but for me it would have to be able to get a decient range with 2000lbs in the back to work for me right now, but I would still need my F350 for towing the 5th. when a electric can get 500 miles towing 14000 lbs then I will trade in my F350.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reisender wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

Thatโ€™s the Escondida copper mine in northern Chile. No lithium there. I makes for a great story though.

No but it sure could tell a story for the future.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
8.1 Van wrote:

Dangers of Oil Refineries to Workers and Nearby Residents

Oil refineries house combustible chemicals. They must store these chemicals properly. Otherwise, refinery chemicals can cause fires and explosions that result in accidents, injuries, and fatalities.

Also, some refinery chemicals are highly acidic. They should not come into contact with the skin.

Refineries can release benzene, xylene, and other hazardous chemicals. These chemicals can cause serious breathing issues and other chronic health problems if inhaled.

Moreover, refineries are leading sources of nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and sulfur dioxide. These pollutants can endanger refinery workers and the environment.

Refineries are responsible for providing workers with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). They must operate per federal, state, and local health and safety requirements.

Why didn't you include a Volcano eruption?

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Well heck, you guys have convinced me with your novel and well informed arguments. Obviously it's a hoax. All the pointy heads agree only because they are colluding to ruin our economy and reduce our sperm count! Before my epiphany I figured agreement was because they had the right answer. Sure is a lot less worrisome now that I am back on track. All that "science" was taxing my little pea brain.:h

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
The Salton Sea could produce the worldโ€™s greenest lithium, if new extraction technologies work

CNBC

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
FishOnOne wrote:

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

Dangers of Oil Refineries to Workers and Nearby Residents

Oil refineries house combustible chemicals. They must store these chemicals properly. Otherwise, refinery chemicals can cause fires and explosions that result in accidents, injuries, and fatalities.

Also, some refinery chemicals are highly acidic. They should not come into contact with the skin.

Refineries can release benzene, xylene, and other hazardous chemicals. These chemicals can cause serious breathing issues and other chronic health problems if inhaled.

Moreover, refineries are leading sources of nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and sulfur dioxide. These pollutants can endanger refinery workers and the environment.

Refineries are responsible for providing workers with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). They must operate per federal, state, and local health and safety requirements.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a recent article from Mike Sokol, a well respected authority on RV electrical, about towing with an EV:

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-el...h-ev-truck-practical-rvt-1064/
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Since we have already gotten way off topic, this planet has been heating and cooling without influence from humans for millions of years. It will happen again whether we are here or not. Do we have an influence, sure. How much, who knows. Enough maybe to shoot ourselves in the foot for a planet we can no longer survive on. Once we are gone, the planet will continue heating and cooling like it always does, in spite of the next self righteous parasite.

And as far as EV's being green, they aren't. Just listened to a report that deep sea mining is on the table for minerals for batteries because scientists forecast that the minerals required will be in short supply sooner than predicted. The massive ecological damage done and planned to be done to mine for materials for EV batteries isn't pretty. We've done no more than trade one set of problems for another. But it fits an agenda. BTW, I am not anti EV. I am however against lies and manipulating facts to force a product. But there are thousands of those.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You do realize that many times in the past, very knowledgeable individuals, we didn't necessarily call them scientists at the time, have agreed on any number of things. And many times these "knowledgeable individuals" were dead wrong. Just because If all these scientists are reading from the same book, and that book is flawed, how reliable can their opinions be?

A theory, and Climate Change caused by human intervention, is a theory can be widely accepted by many people and still be wrong because of bad data. Personally I think human actions have definite consequences, but is Climate Change one of them? I think so, but certainly not dead certain.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"