cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Movin' on up to a new Dually!

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Picked her up on 2 days ago. 2014 Ram 3500 4x4 drw with the 6.4 Hemi and 6667 lbs. of payload. It is replacing my 2011 Ford 4x4 F350 srw regular cab with the 6.2. The Ford was a great truck but when I bought a bigger camper with a slide out I wanted more truck. Just waiting for my tiedowns to come so I can mount the Lance.

2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2
50 REPLIES 50

jason4598
Explorer
Explorer
When I loaded my camper my jacks still weren't wide enough. I have a laramie with additional fender flare. Also I had to raise camper 2 inches because of tailgate opening being narrower at bottom. Once you are sure it fits, I will be easier to load because the clearance between jacks will be so close that the rest will take care of itself.

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed the Torklift tie downs on my new Ram yesterday. Holy******it was easy! Got them from Tweetys and the shipping was stupid fast. Front and rear tie downs were installed in just over an hour. Hopefully I get my swing out brackets in the mail today and I will have my camper on the truck before this weekend.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
RZAR66 wrote:
I had a Hellwig Bigwig on my F350SRW and it was a huge improvement over the factory sway bar. But I'm not buying anything until I get the camper on my new truck and drive it first.

Very smart!! Dont spend any money until you drive the total rig first.
Dont make the mistake I made 5 years ago when everyone was screaming "air bags". I spent the money and never used them. Just removed them yesterday and Im glad they are off the truck. Was really surprised to see how bad the rubber was cracking and deteriorating so the garbage man will get them later this week.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
GO with ROADMASTER sway! No other one meets the same standard. You'll be pleased with it.
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Hellwig Bigwig on my F350SRW and it was a huge improvement over the factory sway bar. But I'm not buying anything until I get the camper on my new truck and drive it first.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Bedlam
It would make that Lance on the back more stable. My truck had the camper package and included the OEM bar. I'm sure it's what you are comfortable driving, because some do completely without and others upgrade OEM to aftermarket.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I will need one but I was just wondering if Ram offered one because it looks like there are mounts for one.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Bedlam
Check out the Hellwig BigWig or Roadmaster bars. The latter is the heaviest currently available.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Been driving the truck back and forth to work everyday avoiding highways during engine break-in and it's getting a surprising 14.8 mpg according to the lie-o-meter. My Ford would get 11 to 12 mpg on the same route. I am able to drive a long stretch of the route with it in 4 cylinder mode. I'm sure that helps.

Question for all you Ram dually owners. Does Ram offer a rear sway bar for this truck? Don't know if I will ever need one but I do see where there are possible mounts for one on the rear axle housing.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
daily double wrote:
I had oil and filter change and 2 fuel filters changed. $390. Ford oil syn blend.

That is high. My local Chevy dealer charges me $65 for the Duramax oil and filter change and $99 for the fuel filter service.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
CaveRun wrote:
twodownzero wrote:
CaveRun wrote:
Nice truck!.. Even if it is a Dodge! :)... I'm a Ford guy, but my second choice for trucks would be a Dodge.

Except it's not a Dodge. It's a Ram. "Dodge" no longer makes trucks and hasn't for a while. You will not see the word "Dodge" anywhere on a Ram truck today.

Ha Ha Ha!

We all got tired of DODGEing things and now we just RAM them!

CaveRun
Explorer
Explorer
twodownzero wrote:
CaveRun wrote:
Nice truck!.. Even if it is a Dodge! :)... I'm a Ford guy, but my second choice for trucks would be a Dodge.

Except it's not a Dodge. It's a Ram. "Dodge" no longer makes trucks and hasn't for a while. You will not see the word "Dodge" anywhere on a Ram truck today.

Ha Ha Ha!
John 3:16

1996 Hide Away Sun Lite Truck Camper
2003 31' Salem LE Forest River Travel Trailer
2013 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 18 DLX Pontoon
2002 F-150 SuperCab V-8 4X4
Firestone Air Bags
Homemade Tie Down Mounts
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
I had oil and filter change and 2 fuel filters changed. $390. Ford oil syn blend.

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
CaveRun wrote: