Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Before and (almost) after
26 REPLIES 26

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Very impressive job you did. That backsplash looks great with the new countertops.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

cinscope
Explorer
Explorer
That backsplash is STUNNING! Great job.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Wow that look good! Odd how the each tile reflects light differently, are they bowed or brushed in one direction? Curious
Really like the color scheme.

My vote would be a black receptacle, though Id probably do a GFI due to sink. Have to ask though -I assume the tiles are metalized/conductive unless plastic. With plug surface mounted and tile trimmed that tight- are the terminals as close as they might seem?

Don't know if I want Margaret to see this or not:)
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

trackhead
Explorer
Explorer
Great work! And thanks for giving me new ideas to spend money on my 21 year old camper!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
USS Enterprise! I like it! Excellent job on the rebuild. Thanks for sharing.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Debi_Clark_Szekely/story

Used liquid nail for the stainless tiles. They actually have a styrofoam core. The counters were refabricated using the old counter as a template. Every price of the entire camper (during the tear down)was kept an entire year for the rebuild... To use as templates. Then we laminated them with a black marble like laminate, being sure to rounder them so that the corners were smooth.

fatmanobx
Explorer
Explorer
What did you use to stick the tile to the ply?
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy RIP
Ford F250 Super Duty

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Is there more of this story? What is your countertop? Looks good...I did a similar SS tile on my boat way back in 1979 behind my diesel stove. Worked well. In my TC I am thinking of getting sheet SS cut to fit and edgeds folded like I did in house behind the stovetop. Already have my SS sink ready for new countertop.
THX for posting your work!
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Looks better than a lot of houses I've seen!

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

New countertops but
the sink is original making it almost 40 years old.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

JNKS2010
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice!!! I was considering a backsplash when we purchase. I like it!