cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My RV(car)port has gone to the birds..

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
They started building nests in it this week, I discovered this today.

Here's my solution
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
6 REPLIES 6

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
Freep wrote:
Keep in mind that disturbing migratory birds when they are nesting is illegal. You're OK if you get the nest before they are finished building but if you take one down when there are eggs or hatchlings, that's criminal behhavior.

https://www.fws.gov/cno/conservation/MigratoryBirds/BirdNests-final.pdf

Interesting and good info, filed under useless since I couldn't tell the difference between a migratory and a nuisance.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind that disturbing migratory birds when they are nesting is illegal. You're OK if you get the nest before they are finished building but if you take one down when there are eggs or hatchlings, that's criminal behhavior.

https://www.fws.gov/cno/conservation/MigratoryBirds/BirdNests-final.pdf
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
The CD's will work for about a month and then they get use to them. At least that is what happen to us trying to keep birds out of our chicken coop.
Happy TC'N,
David

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
We used to get barn swallows and they made a mess on my back patio. I tried an owl then a fake snake and spikes. Spikes worked but didn't look good when we had guests. So I got a glue rat trap and spread a little glue on the landing area. Works great! Not enough to kill the birds but enough to irritate them so they don't want to be there. And you can't see it and it will last a long time.

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Storage place where I keep my rig has fishnet mesh stapled across bottom side of rafters. No place for birds to sit or nest. Simple solution to bird problem.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting that you are trying CDs, do you find a particular genre works best?

My solution was to add birdhouses. The side benefit is birds eat all of the bugs I don't want. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member