cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

my travel trailer will be stationary throughout the year?

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
My co-signed & financed travel trailer will be stationary throughout the year & progressive won't even give me a quote on it. Who is your go to for cheap insurance? And is there tricks or tips to this?

Gieco offers a quote but no where to put the finance company name or additional owners.
Must have insurance before monday.
19 REPLIES 19

Explorer II
Explorer II
Foremost. They may not cover it if you plan to live full-time in it.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
My TT (when stationary at home, camping at an RV park, in storage, etc.) is covered by Allstate under my homeowner insurance like an external building. When it is being towed between campgrounds, Allstate covers it under my auto insurance as a separate vehicle.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Matt1221 wrote:
My co-signed & financed travel trailer will be stationary throughout the year & progressive won't even give me a quote on it. Who is your go to for cheap insurance? And is there tricks or tips to this?

Gieco offers a quote but no where to put the finance company name or additional owners.
Must have insurance before monday.

Call your auto insurance company. (I also use Allstate). Tell them you want a policy with a big deductible for your Comp, and collision. You really don't have to carry liability, as when the trailer is hooked to the tow vehicle, it is covered for liability under the TV insurance. But not Comp, and Collision. The higher the deductible. The lower the cost of Comp, and collision.
AND. If you use your auto policy. The policy numbers are all the same
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ask your local independent insurance agent. (Why is this such a mysterious concept?)
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
I use all state, same as my homeowners. cant ya go by a office and see/ask?