cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help with finding certain floor plan on a TT

huskers1533
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to buy a 2008 Gulf Stream Canyon Trail TT Midprofile 32TBHS model. This model features 2 slides, 1 and half baths, corner shower without tub, 1/2 ton pull, bunk beds with entertainment center and queen bedroom. This model is very hard to find and the one I found was already sold before I could buy it. First off does anyone own or know where this model could be found and two does anyone know if any of manufactures made an exact floor plan to this model. I know that there might be some brand new models but that really isn't in the budget to buy a brand new one. Need help thanks in advance for anyone's help.
9 REPLIES 9

APT
Explorer
Explorer
The highest recevier rating for a half ton pickup is 1250 pounds. At 9490 pounds dry, it will be very close to 1200 pounds loaded. Then you need consider if the truck has enough paylaod for 1200 pounds of payload. Some crew cab half tons have less than 800 pounds which puts you over GVWR on tongue weight alone, before adding a driver, family, and camping gear in the bed. I would not recommend 8600 pounds dry TT for even the most capable half ton which is the 2011+ HD 8200GVWR F-150.

That's over many 3/4 tons gas tow ratings with the taller axle ratio.

Smaller TT, bigger truck.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
There are many other weights to consider besides the "tow" weight. You also need to consider the fact that with 1300 lbs of tongue weight and yourself, you won't be able to carry any other passengers or equipment in the cab or bed without exceeding the payload capacity.

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
1/2 ton tow ratings are a complete farce anymore. While they may be rated to pull 11,000 pounds, it would have to be on a 4 wheel farm wagon in order not to exceed the payload and rear axle capacity of the truck. Any half ton truck made will be over payload and/or rear axle capacity on an 8,700 lb dry weight travel trailer. They don't come much heavier than this one except for park models.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Is the manufacturer still in business? If they are, they would probably give you a list of dealers. Maybe one of them would have one or at least be on the look out for one. Cruise the Trailer Life classified ads, watch Craigslist? Hope you find it!

bjchudson
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/14FLRV&TT_F150_Sep11.pdf

Looks like 11,300 if ordered correctly is max on the F-150

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
huskers1533 wrote:
I have the ford F150 Ecoboost with extra tow package it can tow up to 12500lbs pounds it says. I only tow the camper about 75 miles per year out to Hunting land and back so that is why I wasn't afraid to tow this model.

Ford doesn't make an F150 that can tow 12,500lbs. I suggest you do more research on your truck.

huskers1533
Explorer
Explorer
I have the ford F150 Ecoboost with extra tow package it can tow up to 12500lbs pounds it says. I only tow the camper about 75 miles per year out to Hunting land and back so that is why I wasn't afraid to tow this model.

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
huskers1533 wrote:
I am looking to buy a 2008 Gulf Stream Canyon Trail TT Midprofile 32TBHS model. This model features 2 slides, 1 and half baths, corner shower without tub, 1/2 ton pull, bunk beds with entertainment center and queen bedroom. This model is very hard to find and the one I found was already sold before I could buy it. First off does anyone own or know where this model could be found and two does anyone know if any of manufactures made an exact floor plan to this model. I know that there might be some brand new models but that really isn't in the budget to buy a brand new one. Need help thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Not sure that qualifies as 1/2 ton pull...
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a dry weight of 8686 and a dry hitch weight of 940, I'm not sure where you're gonna find a 1/2 ton that will pull it. You will be at 10,000 lbs loaded and probably 1300 on the hitch.

I did some searching and couldn't find any for sale....maybe have your local RV dealers look for you.