cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need tire inflator to reach 30 feet?

campersmd
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered the trailer! Now I'm looking for products to monitor and inflate the trailer tires. My current inflator will not reach (15 foot max) and I'm not even sure if it will inflate to trailer tire PSI's.

Will I have enough juice in the trailer battery to inflate the tires using the trailer electrical outlet?

Other ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Harbor Freight has a good unit. It comes with a 25ft hose and 11ft long battery clips. I leave the unit in my pass through and I'm able to reach the rear tires. I power it from the trailer's or truck's battery. It tops off tires pretty quickly.

HF Compressor

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Harbor Freight with electrical clips will go 35'. Been satisfied with ours.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I use
Viair 12 volt compressor

It's a little pricey but works very well. It comes with two air hoses and attachments.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/400p-portable-compressor/78807

this one will go 33... I'm thinking of getting it as well....

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry a small 120 volt tire air compressor that plugs into the trailer's outside receptical.

The compressor is rated to 100 psi. and I use a 25 ft. extention cord to reach the TV and TT tires.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought the mv-50 for my TT as well.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If it has a cigar plug the inflator is weak. Clamps direct on the battery is what you want.

This is mine: MV-50 on amazon

For premium service http://www.viaircorp.com/portables.html

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I set my 12VDC tankless air compressor on my truck tailgate and clamp into the trailer batteries mounted on my trailer tongue area. My 15-foot air hose will work for the trailer tires as well as the truck tires...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

facory
Explorer
Explorer
My experience has proven the only way to get maximum performance out of a 12v inflator is to have the engine running for maximum voltage. That being said, Make a 12v extension cord long enough to reach your tires. You can also buy extension cords made for that purpose. Probably a better way to go.
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
campersmd wrote:
My current inflator will not reach (15 foot max) and I'm not even sure if it will inflate to trailer tire PSI's.

Will I have enough juice in the trailer battery to inflate the tires using the trailer electrical outlet?

That's how I do it. I wired the 12 vdc tire inflator's cable with a standard 7-pin Bargman connector (Pin 4 is +12 vdc, Pin 1 is ground) then made up an extension cable using 12 gauge zip cord, wiring the two ends with Bargman connectors. I also have a short adapter also wired with Bargman connectors that allow me to change the sex of the extension cable. Sometimes I power the inflator by plugging into the truck's Bargman connector, other times I may plug into the trailer's Bargman connector. Works just fine.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is your "inflator" a small 12VDCV compressor or a 110VAC compressor? If it's 12V, they make extension cords for them, and yes, if it's just to add a little air to the trailer tire, the trailer battery will be fine. If it's a 110V compressor, go to Lowes or HD and buy an air hose, they come in various lengths.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.