Did you mean:ย 

New 2024 Chevy HD and Increased Dmax Power

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the new Chevy HD truck...

Gas engine now gets the 10 speed transmission
Diesel engine 455HP 950 TQ

I'll reserve comments on the looks department later.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
47 REPLIES 47

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I put my name down on Friday for a Chevy HD ZR2. A lot not known yet about the specs but the line will be long and they will be hard to get so I got my name down in case I like it. I do like the looks of the new HD and the interior is nice. I know a lot of people don't like the looks of the GM HD's, personally I am good with it, and given the number of them out there, it hasn't stopped them from selling.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
TomAAto, Tomahhto... who cares...

LOL....exactly. I don't ever remember going around to dealers measuring the width/depth of door window sills on trucks, and then determining I am not interested in one because some piece of interior trim is 1/4" smaller than the other. But reading through these boards I am sure quite a few have a major case of OCD about such things along with chronic fanboiitis.

Eggzactly

So who goes and purchases a vehicle and doesn't even try out the seats to confirm they're confortable? Yeah.... Eggzactly!

Testing out the seats is one thing, testing out a window sill? Come on man. I own a GMC, and drive a Ford company truck daily. I have never even gave the comfortability factor of the window sill a thought for even a split second.

What else do you look for? That the lug nuts all have the flats aligned?

You learned something new today!

Well.........not really. Some things are hereditary and can not be learned LOL.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing is worse than the Gen 6 Camaro for having a window well to put your arm on. Not physically possible to do...unless your some kind of physical freak.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

LOL....exactly. I don't ever remember going around to dealers measuring the width/depth of door window sills on trucks, and then determining I am not interested in one because some piece of interior trim is 1/4" smaller than the other. But reading through these boards I am sure quite a few have a major case of OCD about such things along with chronic fanboiitis.

Eggzactly

So who goes and purchases a vehicle and doesn't even try out the seats to confirm they're confortable? Yeah.... Eggzactly!

Testing out the seats is one thing, testing out a window sill? Come on man. I own a GMC, and drive a Ford company truck daily. I have never even gave the comfortability factor of the window sill a thought for even a split second.

You learned something new today!

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Eggzactly

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Eggzactly

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bobmontana wrote:
All the new pickups are ugly as dog **** folks. And lets be honest, their isn't a tinkers difference between em on performance or reliability anymore.

This has to be one of the more classic grumpy old man posts Iโ€™ve seen on here in a while!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Pbutler97 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Eggzactly

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I think ( JUST MY OPINION ) that this is a good looking upgrade for GM.....

AND, I am curious how the GCW Alert will work out ??

Interesting feature. Can't help but wonder if the truck records these numbers while towing for future reference by the dealer or other motives in the event of an accident.

My thought too, when I read that, just another spyware for warranty exemption, when drive line fails.

Jerry
With the ratings as high as they are now, this is not an issue for RVers.
My trucks GCWR is over #43,000!
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
All the new pickups are ugly as dog **** folks. And lets be honest, their isn't a tinkers difference between em on performance or reliability anymore.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Lantley wrote:
The interior is a mild refresh. Somehow GM does not understand that their interiors are still inferior to the competition.
The entire interior needs to be redone from the ground up!

The interior is an all new design and from the looks it looks pretty good. The one thing I would hope they did, but I doubt it was to increase the depth of their window sill because that's where I like to rest my arm/elbow. The last model year GM had a good window sill was 1987.

???

Have owned quite a few GM trucks since 94 and never had an issue resting my arm/elbow on a windowsill. Are you 4'-6" tall? Perhaps sit on a pillow? Are you planning on ditching Ford for GM?

I'm 6'4" which is why I sometimes prefer a taller arm rest.

LOL that '94 didn't have enough window sill room to support your arm unless it's thin like a pencil! :W

And yes when I purchase my next truck I'll take a look at GM like I have always done.

LOL......you said depth....I thought you mean height, not width... W T F.

I meant a sill with more depth not taller.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
It does look like a revised dash. However the dash doesn't constitute the entire interior. I'd like to see more comfortable seats, a better layout. repositioning the center consiole. THe GM /Chevy interior needs to be more spacuious and more comfortable. it does not compare to the others in terms of comfort and space.
Don't get me w4rong I like the truck. I had the chance to buy the other guys and still went back to Chevy, nevertheless I still believe the competition has a better interior.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide