cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tow

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, Just got done driving a 2004 Lincoln Navigator. They say tow on this is 8100. with my 1997 KZ 25' coming in about 6000( I know got to get it weighted) This is nice, I mean nice. going to get the OEM trans oiler for it. and got to get a trailer brake for it. but the wires are there with the tow package. the numbers play out for me, does anyone have any input? Thanks and happy camping.
6 REPLIES 6

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Good afternoon!

My Lincoln town car has airbags so I would double check yours and see if it came with airbags from the factory. The only tuner I would consider would be from Mike at Five Star tuning. Mike can really get some nice improvements to the modular engine design.

Thanks

Don't know where that is. most of my stuff in on-line shipping any more. But the chip is from Gforce and is gf performace chip. increase HP, 10% fuel, increased torque 30 LB FT. Where is Mike's tuning?
If in TN, would really like to see it again. Take care.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good afternoon!

My Lincoln town car has airbags so I would double check yours and see if it came with airbags from the factory. The only tuner I would consider would be from Mike at Five Star tuning. Mike can really get some nice improvements to the modular engine design.

Thanks
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Enjoy the Navigator! The IRS rear suspension should make a nice wide stance and be a very stable TV.

Make sure you get a good WD hitch with sway control, If you go with friction sway control I would make sure to use two of them. Dual Cam is nice as well as the Equal-I-zer. I would be tempted to go with the new Blue Ox Sway Pro. I am very impressed with the design.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Thanks jerem0621, I do have a WD hitch with sway bar control. Thinking about that chip you install in the AI controller, for gas mileage and engine control. also maybe air bags for the back. What to take care of this one so no problems on the road.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Enjoy the Navigator! The IRS rear suspension should make a nice wide stance and be a very stable TV.

Make sure you get a good WD hitch with sway control, If you go with friction sway control I would make sure to use two of them. Dual Cam is nice as well as the Equal-I-zer. I would be tempted to go with the new Blue Ox Sway Pro. I am very impressed with the design.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
if you stay within your limits you will be just fine. just mind what you put into the two rigs to not go over your weight limits.

Thanks. I'm watching very carefully. Just got my geny on back welded on the frame. want to do some boon docking since I got solar and don't carry to much water. all and all this is going to be great. feel like a kid again. thanks Old Guy.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you stay within your limits you will be just fine. just mind what you put into the two rigs to not go over your weight limits.