cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Travel Trailer

dyast112
Explorer
Explorer
Now retired and planning on purchasing a TT around 25-29 Feet but doing research reveals that there are too many options, and recommendations as to what are the best TT available. Planning on spending two months on the road and two months home.
21 REPLIES 21

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Three things have to match. Floor plan, max cargo of tow vehicle and cost.

Usually the limiting factor is how much tongue weight your vehicle can carry; not how much it can tow. My 25ft TT has 750 lbs. on the tongue when loaded for the road. That is about half of my tow vehicles cargo capacity. Dry TT weight means nothing unless you are going to haul your TT completely empty.

Cost should not be an undue burden. TT depreciation falls like a stone in water. So a gently used TT is often a better deal.

Floor plan remains after all else is forgotten or accepted, so choose wisely. It would be my first priority.

As mentioned RV shows are a great place to look for options and pricing.

Finally, be sure the price you are quoted is "price out the door", including all taxes, fees and prep charges. Some dealer can be quite tricky on this.

In answer to your question, the DW and I wanted; a bed you could exit without crawling over your spouse, a big bathroom that would not be blocked when the slide was in, lots of pantry and linen closet space, a slide to provide extra room for our dog, a TT short enough to wind through the city street to find quilt shops etc.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
You mentioned that you are retired and you mentioned tub. Do you take baths or showers.

Why get a tub (they use a ton of water and also fill holding tanks faster).
Consider a unit with a neo-angle shower.

google photo....
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
What tow vehicle do you have or are willing to buy?

Lots of discussions here about what to use.

Just don't take the word of a salesman!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you have time, I would wait for one of the RV shows to come to town. That way you can see dozens of different models and brands in one shot.

Have fun shopping!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A TT that is comfortable for me may not be your cup of tea. 25 to 29 feet should fit in most public and private CGs. Any experience pulling a TT? Is your TV already purchased? "recommendations as to what are the best TT available." Most of us are happy with our units which are very diverse...leading me to believe most RVs in the middle of the pack are nearly the same in quality.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dyast112
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I am not worried about price. Exapmple, bath arrangement with larger tub appears to be most desirable over some units while they advertise larger living accomodations. I am interested in what may be the best overall travel comfort. Most dealers push what they have in stock.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You need to figure out what ammenities are most important to you and if your willing to pay a lot more for a high(er) quality unit.