Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

....new truck camper manufacturer in Quebec

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Guys:

....here is a new truck camper manufacturer....located in Quebec. Loki.

Quite interesting. They seem to be positioned between a Cirrus and EarthRoamer (well, kind of EarthRoamer, as Loki is removable).

Units will be made for Ford Ranger/Tacoma, all the way up to F350 /F550 levels.

here-->
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
22 REPLIES 22

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting proposition, and I wish them well but not too impressed with their what appears to be just ‘tack welds’ , I would question this one aspect...

3 tons

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
No chitter... = very expensive tent!

This?
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hm.

I see no cooktop, but an induction unit is mentioned in the text. No bathroom but a shower tent. What about a toilet?
The external structure elements can't be very beneficial in a thick forest, although they will automatically collect camouflage items.
The page gives very little tangible information. Materials are "are painstakingly selected and of very high quality". No specifications. No floor plan. How much does it weigh? How much water? Does it use propane for heating and hot water?
Lots of marketing fluff, no beef.

How many FWC units do I get for that price?

ETA: I now saw the portable cooktop and porta potty.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
There's probably a small yuppie group that would shell out a pile of money for that. I know I grew up during the era where the value of money vs product was pounded into me. I wouldn't care if it had gold plated taps and door handles. there's no justification for that price.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
I really don't see anything that comes close to justifying the $135K base starting price. It appears you get half of everything for twice as much as most of the competition. That's even accounting for the exchange rate...

Half the storage, half the solar*, half the bath, half the kitchen...

*compared to Host's offerings, which to be fair, aren't even that good

Maybe you get half the problems for that much money?
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No chitter... = very expensive tent!
Cool looking and seems innovative.
Bang for the buck is lost on me though if I'm packing the weight of an "average" sized TC and don't have a chitter, shower, decent size fridge and kitchen.
Not knocking it, just a super limited/specialized market is all.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg:

Yeah. Any camper we buy would absolutely have to be titanium white (including roof).

The tapered truck camper wing thing would certainly limit "wing storage", but the disappearing/retracting truck camper legs and taper could be useful in back country, and driving narrow streets, say, in Latin America....

Also, I don't see a flatbed version of the camper. If we were to contemplate one of these, it would have to be on a flatbed tray.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Would hate to touch the black siding when park exposed to sun.
Interesting trapezoid design. I think it limits storage space, but hard to tell from available pictures.
No jacks, no ties?