cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Lite - FIRE

Rickj91
Explorer
Explorer
As a daily lurker on this site, thought I'd pass on some disturbing news. My daughter in law is the Office Mgr for Northern lite and just texted me that the Factory burned down over night. Not sure of any more details.

Moderator edited the Subject.

Wayne
2005 Chev 2500HD D/A,EC,SB,32 in. Hitch Ex. 2013 Wolf Creek 850 SB, 2007 Mirage 6X12 Cargo Trlr
25 REPLIES 25

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard on the 5:00 news from the Okanagan that Campion Boats has offered Northern Lite space in their plant in Kelowna, BC to carry on with the construction of their truck campers.
The owner of Northern Lite was on the same newscast and said that they had enough parts, inventory, etc. in out buildings that did not burn in the fire that this was a viable solution to their current problem and allow them to immediately carry on with camper production.
Good news for all of you with Northern Lite product on order.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Condolences to the owners and employees. Hope to see them rebuild. I think the only other clam shell design camper on the market is Bigfoot in Vernon BC, about 100 miles away down the same valley. I imagine they will take up the slack in the market. In my opinion a little higher up the wall as well as far as floors and some components go. But the NL is also a nice machine. Wishing them well.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

turboo
Explorer
Explorer
dokkema1 wrote:
well ..the bright side...maybe a new look for NL....maybe a slide..??

The fiberglass clamshell type campers are really limited on what they change over the years because of the molds they use. If the molds were destroyed it might be a blessing , as now they can update the design with the newer trucks in mind. Personally I would like to see a nonslide ,semibasement or no basement (read ;lower overall height) short bed model with newer high tech aerodynamics.

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
I take it no one was hurt so hopefully they can rebuild quickly and get back up and running.

Paul

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sad! Love the Nlite campers... If something ever happened to our Bfoot we would get a Nlite for sure! Hopefully they will get back to business quickly... If they have no molds it will take a while to re-build...

Good luck to all you Nlite employees and owners our prayers are with you.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

GaryT
Explorer
Explorer
Sure hope they can recover, was thinking of upgrading.

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
News clip
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Snowy Bird wrote:
I have one on order. It's was supposed to be delivered sometime in March. I see from the pics that some campers were outside ready to be shipped. I told my dealer if it was outside, not melted or smelling like a fire, I still want it. Otherwise, I'll get my deposit back. I am really disappointed. Glad that no one was physically hurt. It'll probably be months and months before they start up again, I'm guessing.

I saw that in the pictures as well. In most situations the heat from the fire would do major damage to the units. It gets hot, real hot that close to a fire. Then add in the insurance company that more than likely will walk in and do one big claim of the entire property and those units are either going to the dump or will be sold as is where is for salvage.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully no one was hurt, their in our prayers. They do make the best TC out there.

Snowy_Bird
Explorer
Explorer
Butch50 wrote:
That is very bad news form an NL owner. I have heard of a few people that have new ones on order. I'm sure they are going to be very disappointed. Also for all the workers there that are going to be out of work. I sure hope they rebuild in fact it would be nice if they relocated to an area where they have a little more room and a little better access. When we visited there last year it seems that they were kind of short on space. When you leave the factory and drove to the main road all you could do is turn right as the road is so busy you would never be able to turn to the left as it is just a steady stream of vehicles.

If they lost all of their forms for the campers it is going to take a long time to rebuild all of the forms and get back into production again if they do.

ON EDIT:Made it a clicky

I have one on order. It's was supposed to be delivered sometime in March. I see from the pics that some campers were outside ready to be shipped. I told my dealer if it was outside, not melted or smelling like a fire, I still want it. Otherwise, I'll get my deposit back. I am really disappointed. Glad that no one was physically hurt. It'll probably be months and months before they start up again, I'm guessing.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
That's just awful news but hopefully NL rebuilds and gets back to producing quality campers again.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
okan-star wrote:
That would cripple a normal camper builder for sure , but one that has molds for fiberglass clamshell type campers ? I hope they had some of them outside the area of the fire

That was my first thought. It is one thing to loose all the product but the molds are another thing completely.

Keith says that they will rebuild so I hope everything goes well with rebuilding and cannot wait to see them back in business.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Budster
Explorer
Explorer
more news updates clicky here
ymmv,
Jerry
2000 Lazy Daze 30' IB

dokkema1
Explorer
Explorer
well ..the bright side...maybe a new look for NL....maybe a slide..??